Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Can I make the radical suggestion that there are people from both sides of the argument who like or indeed love our country? Some might not like its current direction of travel and maybe that's why they come across as rather negative. Equally some of the most virulent critics of the country were the pre-Brexit expats. One thing is sure: we've all (well nearly all) got to live in it after Brexit so we might as well try to get on.

Good post GNT

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nope. Leave them to their little isolationist island. I fully intend to leave, I owe it nothing. I urge others to as well.

I assume you didn't get your free education and have never used the NHS then ? Where exactly do you intend to go ? You appear very bitter for someone that's leaving and thus will not be affected by Brexit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I assume you didn't get your free education and have never used the NHS then ? Where exactly do you intend to go ? You appear very bitter for someone that's leaving and thus will not be affected by Brexit.

If he goes to Europe he will obviously be affected by Brexit....if it happens.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you look, there is a big bill for education. It is not free.

But you only pay it back if you earn over a certain amount. My Daughter in law hasn't paid a penny back in 7yrs and is not likely to. Stands to reason if your a high earner after uni you pay your bills

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So you pay twice? Once through taxes, like everyone else, and then again through fees. Great. Also, getting a job that pays well enough to eat away at the fee debt is increasingly impossible in the UK. They don't value

The debt is wiped off after a set time period. So some don't actually ever pay a penny back if they don't earn enough. So in a way it's free. Most students spend there loans in the pub anyway

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
If you look, there is a big bill for education. It is not free.

Indeed there is and it's paid for by taxpayers - 5 to 18 year old education you got entirely free. Now time to pay it back as a taxpayer rather than running away.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
They don't. It is exactly this arrogant dickish behaviour that is making the UK a dump.

If you hate it so much why are you still here ? You still haven't said where you're running away to that is so perfect ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why? All this country wants to do is shit on the younger generations. University fees, stupid house and rent prices, low wages...if the older generations have taught me anything it is take what you can and charge someone else whilst pulling up the ladder.
I refuse to live in a country like that.

Wow - don't we have a chip on our shoulder. So what exactly were you expecting when you left uni - some £30k job straight away ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Who said I am? Plus l never said perfect, just one that values you.

Am what ? Still here ? If you're not then what the hell are you moaning about ? If you meant who said you were running away - you did. You said you were leaving.

So where you going that values you so much ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
D
Why? All this country wants to do is shit on the younger generations. University fees, stupid house and rent prices, low wages...if the older generations have taught me anything it is take what you can and charge someone else whilst pulling up the ladder.
I refuse to live in a country like that.

The older generation have been incredibly selfish and you and others are paying for it. Those incredibly lucky will get it back through inheritance. Also it wasn’t the youth that voted for Brexit, another example. Good luck to you

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Finally, some sense. I just hope that, one day, the country will see sense and listen to the future generations. Otherwise the UK will lose a lot of very good people and be poorer for it.

We are already poorer for it, culturally and economically

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well, yes actually. I did, just not in the UK. Like I said, they don't value education there.

So you've felt despite you saying you 'fully intend on leaving'. You're clearly a troll who just wants to moan about Brexit. Maybe you really will leave - rather than lying about it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Its ok, don't worry. Engaging the brain is not a strong part of the Brexiteers armoury.

Maybe you're right, the British educational system must be crap given you don't understand English. Just to simplify it for you, YOU posted last night that you 'fully intend to leave' - future tense - i.e. you plan to do it in the future, not that you have already left. Simple eh ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here