Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham fans in turmoil

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Apart from being upset that it is no longer 1974, what is the crux of this 'protest'? They don't like the new badge and the coffee / toilet queues are too slow? Is that it, or have they left something out? :shrug:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
They moved out in the first place becuase they could expand down one side of the ground due to a road and houses behind it.

Similar problems for lots of clubs with grounds in densely populated areas.

I feel for West Ham, they are a big club with a good supporter base and given the right backing could challenge at the right end of the league, but I can't help feeling that the London Stadium is a noose round their neck that will tighten year on year unless they are doing well.

As with every club, support drops during difficult periods but that place seems like it's draining the life out of the club, unless they are playing Spurs there is little or no atmosphere. If they drop to the Championship the place will be half empty.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I agree with the comments others have made about the soul being ripped out of the club.

I thought at the time of them protesting at the Amex last month that I had no idea what success would look like for them - and I don't think they know either.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know several West Ham fans, who all, without exception hate the London Stadium.
They all, to a man, didnt want the club to leave Upton Park.

However, only two of them have ever been to the new ground, and one of them had never been to Upton Park either.
It is a souless pit of a ground though, I really didn't like it when we played them last year.

Jan 30, 2008
Similar problems for lots of clubs with grounds in densely populated areas.

I feel for West Ham, they are a big club with a good supporter base and given the right backing could challenge at the right end of the league, but I can't help feeling that the London Stadium is a noose round their neck that will tighten year on year unless they are doing well.

As with every club, support drops during difficult periods but that place seems like it's draining the life out of the club, unless they are playing Spurs there is little or no atmosphere. If they drop to the Championship the place will be half empty.
mmmmmmmmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUN3JJPzdf4
regards
DR

el punal

I never agreed with their move, it rips the soul out of their football club.

But Is their 5 point plan the worst of their problems? We’ve seen far worse.

I would be interested to hear West Ham fans' comments, having moved to the London/Olympic stadium, if they were challenging for a Champions League place. I have a feeling it would be a totally different view.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can’t stand them. Hope they self destruct as a club.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I can’t stand them. Hope they self destruct as a club.
You should go on the West Ham board and let them know a lot of Brighton fans think Ash Barnes is a Donkey and couldn't wait to get rid of him, how the hell did he score?

That'll cheer em up lol.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You should go on the West Ham board and let them know a lot of Brighton fans think Ash Barnes is a Donkey and couldn't wait to get rid of him, how the hell did he score?

That'll cheer em up lol.
Well, if West Ham won the World Cup, then Brighton sure as hell gave them one hell of a beating today - Barnes (1), Wood (2), wasn't it?
:lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not unexpected, the Hammers are now handing out life bans, with more to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43498328

8BFF9E3C-4383-4A62-95E8-ED6339527F0F.jpeg

Far from ‘Happy Hammers’ these days,

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I never really get these bans. What’s the punishment if caught ?

Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

Also vast majority are automatic turnstiles so how does that work ?

Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

If they are caught again, perhaps for something else, the ban can be used as evidence in the case against them.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

As you say, it is very difficult to enforce a ban without doing a visual ID of every person entering the ground. However, I've read somewhere that the ban is more about stopping that person causing any trouble in future. If they are arrested, when they have already been banned, the penalties are more severe.

el punal

Well I suppose with countless CCTV cameras around it would be foolish of them to try. If caught, and they're banned, surely it's a case of trespass. If the court have issued a banning order, rather than the club, then surely gaining admission to the ground would be breaking the law?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well I suppose with countless CCTV cameras around it would be foolish of them to try. If caught, and they're banned, surely it's a case of trespass. If the court have issued a banning order, rather than the club, then surely gaining admission to the ground would be breaking the law?

Probably. If it's a banning order as part of a conviction I think they can include need to register at a police station at some point to prevent attendance at the game but if it's just a club order I guess it's down to surveillance, blocking ticket purchase etc (although pretty easy to see how someone could get around this - particularly in a stadium where there are so many empty seats :laugh:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They moved out in the first place becuase they could [edit: not expand down one side of the ground due to a road and houses behind it.
Maybe they should have considered buying up the houses? I remember back in the day thinking how the Albion could have a much bigger stadium if we could have bought up the houses in Goldstone Lane - and no, I've no idea how practical that might have been, or whether it was considered, or whether we could afford it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here