Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're too nice...the Fulham (vs Liverpool) incident I saw resulted in some old codgers a few rows going batshit mental and screaming for the scousers to be ejected. Shouting/abuse didn't stop until they were taken out.
I wouldn't really want a fellow fan to lose their ST, but I hope I'd say to them that if it happens again they will.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m wondering if there are any who got caught who did what a reasonable fan would think was an ok transaction. Like you, I doubt we’ll see any saying “yeah, I sold my ticket to a tout at the game and got half of next season’s ST price for it”, but maybe there are a few whose story would cause us to go “hmm, seems ok to me”...

There’s also the issue of what exactly constituted the ticket. I can’t see any STH giving their card to a tout or a stranger, so presumably they got the club to issue a paper ticket first? If so, that takes the transaction into a whole new area of tackiness.

Not sure if there are other ways that a ticket can be produced to tout?

My guess is that season ticket holders are buying a guest ticket and selling that on ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So I missed 1 game this season against Liverpool and put my 2 tickets in the ticket exchange, to later find out a couple of Liverpool fans rocked up. Barber out.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
World of difference between passing on your ST to a friend or family member when you can't go and selling or even passing on your ST to an opposition supporter.

However, I think the club needs to get its own house in order having witnessed the NS manager agreeing to let three Chelsea fans (females) into the NS provided they didn't cheer or celebrate a Chelsea goal!!

We should not have opposition supporters anywhere than in the areas specifically designated for away support and if they sneak in elsewhere, the stewards should immediately eject them. The stewards can then take their tickets and hand them over to Barber to investigate the source. If the tickets originated from a BHAFC supporter then a life ban isn't long enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Naylor reporting in Argus:

“Albion have imposed a temporary ban on Amex season ticket holders who touted their seats for the showpiece win against Arsenal.

Their season tickets have been revoked by the club for the rest of the season.

A spokesman said: "In addition to blocking a number of tickets touted, we have also taken strong action against a number of club members for touting our match tickets.

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season. Touts were reported to police and tickets blocked." “

The club seem to really mean it. Obviously, it depends on how they define touting. I still think that these folk will have done a lot more than slip their ST card to a mate...

Edit: I wonder if the club will now sell the vacant seats :whistle:

If Barber has written to these offenders they’ll need until the end of the season to finish reading his letter.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can you share where they have gone on record?

https://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/html/tandc.html

Q. What's the club's policy on fans passing tickets between each other or through unofficial ticket exchanges?
A. Our terms and conditions are clear: season tickets are not transferable. However, the club is aware that, from time to time, season tickets may be used by other family members or close friends. Responsibility for the use of any season ticket always rests with the season-ticket holder – regardless of whether they attend the match. Therefore, unauthorised use of season tickets is extremely risky. Similarly, with regard to unofficial ticket exchanges, it is illegal in this country to sell or pass on (even free of charge) a ticket for a football match to a third party without approval from the issuing club. Anyone passing on a ticket or using an unofficial ticket exchange risks losing their season ticket without refund, a ban from purchasing tickets or attending games, and/or prosecution. A further issue, highlighted by the club earlier this season, has been the abuse of season-ticket reprints. In a large number of cases, fans hadn't lost or mislaid their ticket, the season ticket re-print system was simply being used to pass the ticket on to someone else. As a result, reprints are now only available on a matchday at cost of £5 for a paper ticket replacement (and is limited to a maximum of three per season), while a card replacement is £15.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
3 Arsenal fans in front of us. Whilst annoying, I wouldn't dob the regulars in.

Bloke in front of me trying to get into the East Lower wearing an Arsenal scarf (not even half & half) was surprised when the stewards told him he couldn't go into the home end wearing away colours!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can you share where they have gone on record? I'm away for a few games over the winter and give my ST to my neighbour in return for him checking our house weekly, forwarding mail etc.

No money changes hands but I'm beginning to get a bit worried about some of this stuff

The official T&Cs prohibit this, but I've seen at least two things from PB that say that they know it happens and turn a blind eye to it. I'd need to churn through his pronouncements on the club's website to find one of them, and I don't have time to do that atm, I'm afraid - but they do exist.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My guess is that season ticket holders are buying a guest ticket and selling that on ?

Ah, yes, of course. Wow - so a ticket bought with the sole intention of making a profit and excluding an Albion fan attending. Death's too good for them. Should be strapped to a chair and have Vogon poetry read to them.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Appropriate sponsored link on this thread:

Capture.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seems like quite a mild slap on the wrist. Doesn't mention anything about next season, mind.

You missed the last sentence of the italicised quote. Touts were reported to the police. If it's a regular fan then the club are firing a warning shot across the bows, so to speak

Can't remember the last time I was out of the country and didn't give my ST to a trusted mate to give to their trusted mate. If the club consider that a crime and take any action against me, then so be it. I'll go and watch Lewes instead :shrug:

The club knows about these situations. See the link in BNThree's post below.
I couldn't go to a match here and there due to being away. I passed my concessionary ticket to a friend who uprgraded it. I suppose the difference is that the club knew exactly who had it.

Thank you for finding that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Or those getting a paper reprint ticket from the ticket office on the day for the match?

Actually I'm curious what the normal number of season ticket reprint requests is and what the number is on the days we play Big 6 clubs?? Seeing as we've sold out every game this season (and if we haven't we are only a few 100 off being full) so similar number of STH attending each match.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I dont understand why if you have a season ticket you would want to sell it on for a game like Arsenal. If you have a season ticket, you must have a fair bit of interest in the club and want to see us give a game to these top sides.

We have STHs that live all over the country - I'm sure they'd want to but they might not be able to.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
World of difference between passing on your ST to a friend or family member when you can't go and selling or even passing on your ST to an opposition supporter.

However, I think the club needs to get its own house in order having witnessed the NS manager agreeing to let three Chelsea fans (females) into the NS provided they didn't cheer or celebrate a Chelsea goal!!

We should not have opposition supporters anywhere than in the areas specifically designated for away support and if they sneak in elsewhere, the stewards should immediately eject them. The stewards can then take their tickets and hand them over to Barber to investigate the source. If the tickets originated from a BHAFC supporter then a life ban isn't long enough.

And an Everton supporting child (with parent) who had the full kit on entering WSU when we played them. The kiddie was told to turn his top inside out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I sat in the home end at the Emirates so cannot come all ‘holier than thou’ on this thread

We sat in the home end at Old Trafford as my other half was given two free tickets from a rep at work. It was hard for me to keep quiet!!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals. Shocking. Anyone who gives their ticket to an opposition team fan rather than one of the thousands of Brighton fans on the waiting list need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Must have been total bellends as the arse only scored once .

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I gave my tickets to 2 man u fans as i couldnt go despite intending to - on strict instructions not to get me banned for life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here