Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United v Albion, Sat 17/3 @ 19:45, allocation: 5,500, ticket discount for STHs

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not a chance of the club subsidising our tickets and you could ask the question why should they. Even with the income from the league I'm sure money is still tight for now.
£45 does seem steep but it is a cup quarter final.

Why should they? Is that a legitimate question you're asking?

The club could subsidise tickets and still turn a healthy profit, which could be the difference between an extra 3k fans going. That's what football is about, not turning a little extra profit margin which in the scheme of things will be inconsequential whichever way the season ends.

I have travelled to the large part of our away games for many seasons, yet I will have to seriously consider this one. £45 is an absolute pisstake, couldn't give a shit if they can get away with charging that to their malaysian fanbase.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The club could subsidise tickets and still turn a healthy profit, which could be the difference between an extra 3k fans going. That's what football is about, not turning a little extra profit margin which in the scheme of things will be inconsequential whichever way the season ends.

I have travelled to the large part of our away games for many seasons, yet I will have to seriously consider this one. £45 is an absolute pisstake, couldn't give a shit if they can get away with charging that to their malaysian fanbase.

ManUre ripping off their own and away fans. Got away with the £30 cap rule as it’s a cup game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Christ on a Chopper.....if I can justify to myself £35+ going to Ipswich, Leeds and Weds last term then the price is irrelevant. Support the team ffs..

Wrong seat, wrong day, wrong trains or wrong price. Take your pick.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
The relevance of the other side shouldn’t determine a big day out, we’re in the Quarters of the Fa Cup ffs. I fancy us to beat united and go to Wembley properly with Brighton, not to what we experienced in December ...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Manchester United ticket allocation?

I haven’t trawled through this thread but as much as I love the enthusiasm that this game has created I think this will soon be quelled by the stupid kick off time & day that TV will dictate. I fear that a Friday or Monday evening game will ruin our hopes of a big following at Old Trafford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Christ on a Chopper.....if I can justify to myself £35+ going to Ipswich, Leeds and Weds last term then the price is irrelevant. Support the team ffs..

Wrong seat, wrong day, wrong trains or wrong price. Take your pick.

I did Derby and Ipswich last term which were the two most expensive after Leeds, which I refused.

Telling me to support the team is abit of a weird one considering I've missed a handful of games in c10 years. There has to be a line drawn somewhere and mine is the 40quid mark unless it's Wembley.

I'll probably end up going anyway, but a subsidy would be nice which is what my post was about.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I did Derby and Ipswich last term which were the two most expensive after Leeds, which I refused.

Telling me to support the team is abit of a weird one considering I've missed a handful of games in c10 years. There has to be a line drawn somewhere and mine is the 40quid mark unless it's Wembley.

I'll probably end up going anyway, but a subsidy would be nice which is what my post was about.

I think my (badly put) point is where does TB draw the line?

If here were to help out here, then future games would get the same attention.

Were we to proceed, then a clamour for coaches etc for Wembley to be provided. The rarity (eg Naaaarich away) of such gestures make them all the more appreciated and not part of the norm. Even then, some would have an issue (don't like coaches, what about the trains?). This is not, as mentioned, as exciting as it might have been due to our progress in League stature and I still don't think, time/date permitting, that the demand will be enormous.

We'll see, but whilst some gesture from the Club would be appreciated, it will not be a factor in my decision to attend.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do we know when the actual dates of the Quarter finals are to be announced ? Dreading it clashing with the Turin Brakes Gig in Birmingham Town Hall on Friday 16th

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think my (badly put) point is where does TB draw the line?

If here were to help out here, then future games would get the same attention.

Were we to proceed, then a clamour for coaches etc for Wembley to be provided. The rarity (eg Naaaarich away) of such gestures make them all the more appreciated and not part of the norm. Even then, some would have an issue (don't like coaches, what about the trains?). This is not, as mentioned, as exciting as it might have been due to our progress in League stature and I still don't think, time/date permitting, that the demand will be enormous.

We'll see, but whilst some gesture from the Club would be appreciated, it will not be a factor in my decision to attend.

The "free" travel to Norwich was only on Seagulls Travel coaches as well, many of which were half empty (as well as many other issues) when other supporter coaches were full with no free travel. It difficult to keep everybody happy with these things.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here