Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Premier League Loan Targets 2015/16

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There are some great young players in the top division that are more than likely to be shipped out on loans this coming season. I was quite pleased with Tex and Bennett and imagine we'll have perhaps two season long loans to enjoy this time round. Who have you got your eye on? My choice would be Spur's Alex Pritchard - I think he'd do very well for us with a great season under his belt at Brentford. There are also loans who are in the last year of their contract (e.g Bridge & Bent) who could do a very good job for us too. Whilst we surely can't repeat last season's mistake of over relying on loans; they do offer value and quality when you pick the right ones.

Thoughts?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Pritchard impressed last season, would be a sensible addition but but expect Spurs to decide to keep and have him on the fringes of the main squad.

What we really need is a replacement for Tex, someone who has that bit of flair around them and think Andreas Pereira could feel that role. He isn't Premiership ready yet, needs game time and Man Utd have a history of loaning promising prospects out to Championship clubs.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think James Wilson is quite ready to step up fully for United in the same way that Jesse wasn't (although they've not got many experienced Striker options at present) so maybe asking for him on loan could be worth a go

They need to buy one and probably two strikers before they let any more out, so I'd expect he'll stay at United. They are overloaded with midfielders, so [MENTION=29713]Lurchy[/MENTION]'s call on Pereira is a good one. Lingard might even be available, but I suspect they'll want him to go to a PL club. If Arsenal are willing to loan out Akpom, he'd fit in nicely, and then there's also Sam Gallagher (?) at Southampton, and that Long guy at Everton.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think James Wilson is quite ready to step up fully for United in the same way that Jesse wasn't (although they've not got many experienced Striker options at present) so maybe asking for him on loan could be worth a go

I think Everton, West Brom, Newcastle and Stoke area above us in the pecking order in terms of Wilson.

More likely to go for someone like Will Keane, who has spent a lot of time on loan in the Championship in last two seasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chuba Akpom

Talk of him being on the fringes of Arsenal's first team squad as he's already scoring goals for them in pre-season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think Everton, West Brom, Newcastle and Stoke area above us in the pecking order in terms of Wilson.

More likely to go for someone like Will Keane, who has spent a lot of time on loan in the Championship in last two seasons.

Already signed for Preston next season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On £9,000 a week too!

Amazing, isn't it. A kid, with no track record at professional level, playing for a newly promoted second division side. Getting paid nearly half a million pounds a year, or, roughly three times what the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom earns (regardless of what you think of his politics).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Amazing, isn't it. A kid, with no track record at professional level, playing for a newly promoted second division side. Getting paid nearly half a million pounds a year, or, roughly three times what the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom earns (regardless of what you think of his politics).

AND he lives four doors down from me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
United want to loan Wilson and Januzaj (!) out for the season.
Chalobah won't figure at Chelsea.
BAMFORD.
Pritchard, obviously, though he's injured.
Tex again.
Loftus-Cheek.
Glenn Murray will be available.
Nugent?
Barton.

Raheem Sterling, presumably.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The most likely to go out on loan if not sold is Glen Murray so why not?

He did very well for Palace last season, I don't see why they'd want him gone, where are you getting your info from (not saying you are wrong at all)?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
United want to loan Wilson and Januzaj (!) out for the season.
Chalobah won't figure at Chelsea.
BAMFORD.
Pritchard, obviously, though he's injured.
Tex again.
Loftus-Cheek.
Glenn Murray will be available.
Nugent?
Barton.

Raheem Sterling, presumably.

Think Loftus-Cheek will get a fair bit of game time for Chelsea next season.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He did very well for Palace last season, I don't see why they'd want him gone, where are you getting your info from (not saying you are wrong at all)?

Palace are being linked with a number of strikers at the moment, particularly Austin and Remy who are both expected to be moving onto new clubs this window - if one comes off, many expect Murray to be the one that leaves. Bournemouth are being linked to him today, would def be a transfer out rather than a season long loan.

Chuba Akpom and Gedion Zelalem at Arsenal both look good - though former being available may depend on if Wenger brings another striker in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Murray's only been married for a short time: perhaps he's heard the Southampton stories.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not info just my opinion of who will be available. In GM case I think that it is likely CPFC will sign at least one of the striker they are rumoured to be after. Even if Dwight Gayle goes GM will be no better than 4th choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here