Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you can't attend an away game will the club by it back??

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But you can sell your ticket for a gig or give it to a friend. You can't with an away ticket.

Doesn't work if its one of the gigs where photo ID is required for entry as if you only have one ticket (as OP for QPR) then your name will be on the ticket and photo ID will not match up and entry will be refused.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
See I am not convinced by the legality of all this. Feels very Nazi Germany.

If you are outside the stadium queuing to get into the turnstiles on the street and a BHAFC club official asks to see your ID, surely you would be well within your rights to refuse? The turnstile operator I suppose could refuse entry if the person with the ticket doesn't cough up matching identification. That would cause a lot of delays and could even cause a safety hazard.

The only way I can see this working is if people employed by BHA ask to see the ID and ticket of a fan outside the ground and if they refuse they will advise the staff on the turnstiles who would then refuse entry. Regardless it doesn't sit comfortably with me at all...

I was asked for ID at Selhurst in the first leg of the play offs in 2013, at the turnstiles.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I was asked for ID at Selhurst in the first leg of the play offs in 2013, at the turnstiles.

By CPFC staff, BHAFC staff or the police?

That game was a special case because of security concerns. If I remember correctly The Met was absolutely bricking it about the possibility of a Brighton v Palace Playoff Final. In this instance the club are cracking down on people passing on their tickets as opposed to potential troublemakers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By CPFC staff, BHAFC staff or the police?

That game was a special case because of security concerns. If I remember correctly The Met was absolutely bricking it about the possibility of a Brighton v Palace Playoff Final. In this instance the club are cracking down on people passing on their tickets as opposed to potential troublemakers.

I think it was stewards if I remember rightly. Our club warned us to take ID to the match and there were plenty of police around.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I think it was stewards if I remember rightly. Our club warned us to take ID to the match and there were plenty of police around.

Yeah exactly - the police and the stewards were on the case to identify risk supporters on that occasion. Slightly different scenario.

That being said the QPR game might throw up a few similar security problems on a smaller scale than that night. Norwich not so much.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah exactly - the police and the stewards were on the case to identify risk supporters on that occasion. Slightly different scenario.

That being said the QPR game might throw up a few similar security problems on a smaller scale than that night. Norwich not so much.

London games usually bring out the numpties.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Do we know anyone that this has happened to or do we believe it's being employed as a general deterrent?!
Both away games since the checks were introduced have been pay on the gate, so were never going to have checks anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here