Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Let's bring 'em back then. We could start with the islamic hate preachers with those bird nest beards that live in our capital city and want us all dead or slaves to their twisted ideology.

Hard to argue. Incitement to violence should be punished a lot more than it is.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Can't help think Sturgeon is making political capital by saying 'Scotland shares solidarity with the people of London'.

F*** off Nicola, you've deliberately chosen that wording to sound like the PM of this country. And you're not. You're not even the PM of your own! Vile woman.

I think yours is a fairly perverse interpretation of what she has said. She is speaking fairly obviously as a Scot in sympathy with the People of London.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I agree, although some of these people that are saying stuff have contributed to the death of Lee Rigby and a fair few others. Time to harden up.

For me it is not 'Terrorism', the soundbite that makes it sound like an isolated incident. It is far worse. It is a war.... Still can't say that really can I?, I'll get castigated!....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Police are working on the assumption it's an Islamic terrorist attack. Deputy Commissioner just said, believe that's the fist acknowledgement it's Islamic.

Yes. And the ITV reporter you quote is a clown. It is ISLAMIST, not ISLAMIC.

While I'm here, deep apologies for propagating a line on the identity of the killer I got from The Sun. FFS, what was I thinking.

Shit day all round, what happened, how it has been repprted and how people, including me, have reacted. :nono:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes. And the ITV reporter you quote is a clown. It is ISLAMIST, not ISLAMIC.

While I'm here, deep apologies for propagating a line on the identity of the killer I got from The Sun. FFS, what was I thinking.

Shit day all round, what happened, how it has been repprted and how people, including me, have reacted. :nono:

Often people would agree with you. :bigwave::wink:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Speculation is a natural reaction to events, as long as it is measured I see no harm in exchanging views. But it should be considered and based upon the grounds of probability. I see the ACC of the Met is now working upon the 'assumption' that it was an Islamist extremism inspired attack.

The assumption of the ACC of the Met is likely to be fairly well-grounded...... and I have to say I thought he was very impressive

I agree with what you say about speculation, but some people's speculation is not as measured as one might like - like ending up very far from the truth of the matter, like assuming something was a terrorist attack when it was purely down to mental health issues.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think yours is a fairly perverse interpretation of what she has said. She is speaking fairly obviously as a Scot in sympathy with the People of London.

I don't think it's perverse at all. It's pompous in tone and she's not this country's leader. What next, the 'people of Slough' stand in solidarity with 'the people' of London. **** off Nicola, she's posturing and making political capital out of it. Disgusting.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
For me it is not 'Terrorism', the soundbite that makes it sound like an isolated incident. It is far worse. It is a war.... Still can't say that really can I?, I'll get castigated!....
Its a war against lunatics with a medieval view of religion which Christianity had at that time.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Its a war against lunatics with a medieval view of religion which Christianity had at that time.

Just to think, at one time the middle east was an inspiration in mathematics and astrology. What went wrong? Enlightenment was darkened and clouded badly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sad thing is with all this false naming of Trevor Brooks will mean some fairly big payouts from the media now.... do real journalists exist anymore?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Hardly your fault is it.
Seems a number of news outlets including CH 4 and the Independent have fed off each other before verifying the original source.
If anything we are all guilty for demanding constant 24hr instant must have information now news.
The days of just waiting for facts, real journalism and verification seem to have gone.

I don't think it's perverse at all. It's pompous in tone and she's not this country's leader. What next, the 'people of Slough' stand in solidarity with 'the people' of London. **** off Nicola, she's posturing and making political capital out of it. Disgusting.

Can't we just make some space for the simple expression of common humanity that might just raise people's spirits a little?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Sad thing is with all this false naming of Trevor Brooks will mean some fairly big payouts from the media now.... do real journalists exist anymore?

Nope. Hence the freely used accusations of 'Fake News'. The established MSM has lost the battle. Media is available everywhere on all platforms.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Let's bring 'em back then. We could start with the islamic hate preachers with those bird nest beards that live in our capital city and want us all dead or slaves to their twisted ideology.

It might also be a good idea if some very well-known politicians didn't share platforms with them.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Or indeed for the prize bellend whose main concern was to get a selfie

The angle of the phone suggests he isn't taking a 'selfie' but probably videoing what's happening from a high angle. So he's no different to hundreds of others.

Personally I find people's inherent desire to take any form of footage once the awareness of what is happening arrives quite ghoulish. Still, that's the modern world.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't we just make some space for the simple expression of common humanity that might just raise people's spirits a little?
I'm too cynical not to call out a political opportunist when I see one. The people of Scotland to the people of London...Nope, sorry, can't get past her flagrant posturing as Prime Minister elect.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
_95278829_741a3ed0-99c7-438a-92de-753354e6c324.jpg

PC Keith Palmer. Husband and father.
Ex Royal Artillery, 15 years service in the Police and a member of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
A public servant stepped into the affray unarmed to confront the perpetrator and to protect the innocent.
Paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Petty arguments aside on this NSC thread, im sure we can all agree there are those out there doing far more than some of us ourselves would be brave enough to do to protect us all. As ever I am in awe of the bravery of these quiet heroes that deserve but do not demand my thanks.

The Keith Palmers of this world deserve our greatest respect.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
View attachment 83050

PC Keith Palmer. Husband and father.
Ex Royal Artillery, 15 years service in the Police and a member a member of the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
A public servant stepped into the affray unarmed to confront the perpetrator and to protect the innocent.
Paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Petty arguments aside on this NSC thread, im sure we can all agree there are those out there doing far more than some of us ourselves would be brave enough to do to protect us all. As ever I am in awe of the bravery of these quiet heroes that deserve but do not demand my thanks.

The Keith Palmers of this world deserve our greatest respect.

Absolutely. Today should be a day to think about him and the other victims. I know that we will all agree that this was a barbaric act, plenty of time for debate as more information emerges.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here