somewhere in Eastbourne
guessing
stabs in the dark
phishing

Oh I
forgot
Chinese whispers
my mate told me
my second cousin's mate told his sister and her boyfriend told..............
Mum heard it on a bus
my Granddads barman heard it in the bogs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If he doesn't start tonight then he's off.

This is why the transfer window ending so late is so sh1t. If it ended on 31 July he'd leave with his head held high a class act, however with all the speculation and bollocks surrounding him he'll probably go under a cloud.

I can deal with the loss of players - all part of football - but what is bollocks is how players who we loved - like Buckley, Bridcutt and now seemingly Dunk - are forever tainted because of transfer window brinkmanship bollocks. It HAS to change.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would it be about not wanting (or being told not) to get cup-tied?
You're going to put logic ahead of someone on NSC's friend who works with someone who is friends with one of the players who said Dunk refused to play?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the money was equal I bet the club wouldn't have a problem selling Dunk to Newcastle but I'm sure they're seething the interested party is Fulham.

The Board will know if fans see us selling our best players to other Championship clubs it tells the rest of the football world we're small fry. The other point is selling good players to other clubs in the Championship has gone badly for us - Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes. Under these circumstances there's no way the parting of the ways will be amicable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're going to put logic ahead of someone on NSC's friend who works with someone who is friends with one of the players who said Dunk refused to play?

*sigh*
See this is why I don't generally bother passing on what I hear, and wouldn't have bothered this time either if I hadn't seen that someone had posted what I'd heard too.

Okey doke. I'm sure Lewis was really busting a gut to play on Tuesday and Saturday, and will either be playing tonight, or sitting somewhere in his Range Rover, devastated at not being involved. I'll pipe down in future.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is like your girlfriend dumping you but still living in your flat for a couple of weeks until she can move in with her new rich boyfriend, who's currently on holiday with his mates.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can anybody say where LD is at the moment be it in a hotel in Huddersfield or in Sussex. IMHO he will replace Greer at some time this evening but we shall all know in about 3-4 hours. Thats not to say he will leave us or not but I do not believe it will be to Fulham.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nothing like it. I do hate this analogy about players.

What do you think happened with Bridcutt then? A tearful goodbye at the airport, promises that we'll still remain good friends, it's not you, it's me, etc etc

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the money was equal I bet the club wouldn't have a problem selling Dunk to Newcastle but I'm sure they're seething the interested party is Fulham.

The Board will know if fans see us selling our best players to other Championship clubs it tells the rest of the football world we're small fry. The other point is selling good players to other clubs in the Championship has gone badly for us - Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes. Under these circumstances there's no way the parting of the ways will be amicable.

Normally I agree with you but we did not sell Murray

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
It would seem clear to me that we wouldn't have signed Uwe if either Dunk or Greer weren't going anywhere! Greer is certainly not going anywhere and I can't see him being dropped, therefore it looks clear to me that, especially after Saturday, Dunk is off. His head has probably be turned by a lot more money and who could blame him if that's the case. Some posters seem to think the players have the same loyalty to the club as us fans but they don't! Playing football is there job and therefore they will go wherever for higher wages (as would most of us).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Fair enough, my bad. The point was more about our best players going to other strong teams in our division, rather than the money. You'd almost take less money to sell to a Prem club that have the risk of selling to a Championship club and it biting you on the arse.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Selling Barnes, with only 4-5 months left on his contract, didn't exactly come back to haunt us either. Ulloa and Lingard were probably a better combo than Barnes and Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here