• Both

Votes: 83 37.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 57 25.8%

• Total voters

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Alternatively, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG!

Played three, lost two. Last year played three, lost three. Last year: made the play offs

Hypia has had THREE games in charge. It is far too early to make any form of judgement on his tactics, ability etc

No one can stop players going to the Premiership if they have the chance. The lure of premiership football and the astronomical wages that only premiership clubs (or those with parachute payments) will ever be able to afford, means that clubs have no choice but to get the highest transfer fee possible and let them go. That is not the fault of The Club but the reality of the financial mess that Football is in.

You can't force players to join a club. We have been successful with some, not with others. That is normal. The new signings, some of whom have yet to even play because of minor injuries, have also only had THREE games. Too early to judge again. TB has asked us to wait till the end of the transfer window before making a judgement on the squad. That is not only reasonable and logical but he also deserves the respect to be taken at his word

The Club have just opened the best training and academy centre in the country. This is where the future lies for club's the size of Brighton. This should give us all much more hope and happiness about the future of our club and possible future success than knee jerk short term reactions to losing a few players to premiership clubs.

It may have become something of a cliche now but it strangely still needs to be repeated to some. Look at where we were and look at where we are now. Be happy and thank The Lord for TB and his staff! I'm sure they could go mad now and pay excessive transfer fees and wages to TRY for short term success. But ask Portsmouth, Coventry. Blackpool, Leeds, etc fans whether that policy was worth it. And do we really want to gamble and risk losing our club again?

Finally, we are not Arsenal, Many City etc. We are Brighton. We do not have a divine right for success. This period now is the best we've had it for over 30 years. Enjoy it!!!!

Voted 'neither'

I have heard that Tony Bloom is furious behind the scenes as to the recruitment situation & sell of players. The responsibility has been laid down with his management team & TB is at arms length. Watch this space!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?307048-**-BHA-v-Leeds-Score-Predictor-**

Goodness knows whether we will have any strikers in place by Tuesday. We are one of only 3 football league clubs that haven't yet scored a goal this season in the league.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Played three, lost two. Last year played three, lost three. Last year: made the play offs

Hypia has had THREE games in charge. It is far too early to make any form of judgement on his tactics, ability etc

No one can stop players going to the Premiership if they have the chance. The lure of premiership football and the astronomical wages that only premiership clubs (or those with parachute payments) will ever be able to afford, means that clubs have no choice but to get the highest transfer fee possible and let them go. That is not the fault of The Club but the reality of the financial mess that Football is in.

You can't force players to join a club. We have been successful with some, not with others. That is normal. The new signings, some of whom have yet to even play because of minor injuries, have also only had THREE games. Too early to judge again. TB has asked us to wait till the end of the transfer window before making a judgement on the squad. That is not only reasonable and logical but he also deserves the respect to be taken at his word

The Club have just opened the best training and academy centre in the country. This is where the future lies for club's the size of Brighton. This should give us all much more hope and happiness about the future of our club and possible future success than knee jerk short term reactions to losing a few players to premiership clubs.

It may have become something of a cliche now but it strangely still needs to be repeated to some. Look at where we were and look at where we are now. Be happy and thank The Lord for TB and his staff! I'm sure they could go mad now and pay excessive transfer fees and wages to TRY for short term success. But ask Portsmouth, Coventry. Blackpool, Leeds, etc fans whether that policy was worth it. And do we really want to gamble and risk losing our club again?

Finally, we are not Arsenal, Many City etc. We are Brighton. We do not have a divine right for success. This period now is the best we've had it for over 30 years. Enjoy it!!!!

this in a nutshell,

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure you can blame Hyypia as he is working with pretty limited resources. We have the smallest league squad by 3 players currently and the attacking quality is poor to say the least.
The board seem to be working hard but for little reward so far.
Lets hope the best things come to those who wait

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Voted 'neither'

I have heard that Tony Bloom is furious behind the scenes as to the recruitment situation & sell of players. The responsibility has been laid down with his management team & TB is at arms length. Watch this space!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?307048-**-BHA-v-Leeds-Score-Predictor-**

Goodness knows whether we will have any strikers in place by Tuesday. We are one of only 3 football league clubs that haven't yet scored a goal this season in the league.

I'm finding this hard to believe considering he works very closely with "the management" team.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surprised you don't have Paul Barber as an option. From what I hear he is the problem. Not a football man, only interested in making money, he's the one controlling the transfer policy.
Ever since this guy turned up we have been on a slippery slope on the pitch, but not to worry he responds to everybodys emails :thumbsup:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The buck starts and stops with Bloom.

But that's to bitter a pill for many of us to swallow, so it's scapegoat city Arizona.

Unfortunately this is the truth of the matter. Burke, Hyppia and Barber all report directly to Tony B so the money available, the deals to be struck, the timing and value of offers made, players sold, etc etc etc must all be down to him. I wonder if the tide of public opinion will turn against him? I sense that people are already beginning to question his leadership, how much more time will elapse before there is open revolt? Of course it's difficult because he has bankrolled so much amazing progress over the last 3/4 years. But the club is, and always will be, greater than any one individual - irrespective of how much dosh he has invested.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Voted 'neither'

I would have thought TB was totally aware of all this. PB and DB cannot be dealing with these without his input

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I think its a mixture of too. Both starting line ups for the league games have been questionable, I am all for bringing young talent through but 1st game we were left ruing our missed opportunities and picking a left back in midfield is a concern in itself when you have capable midfielders on the bench. Also the ineffective use of our current most dangerous player LuaLua.

Where as with the player recruitment, that is clear for all to see, it simply is useless at present.

On both counts, how much time do you give? Sami has only had a handful of games, so needs time to turn it round and if it carries on when does have more quality to select from then that's the time to be concerned there. In regards to recruiting, we don't clearly know what budget and orders My Burke is working with, it might be impossible to get what we need in with the resources available to him.

End of the day for all the good he has done, the only person who is accountable is Tony Bloom. He has employed Paul Barber and David Burke, they are following the instruction given to them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why does there have to be blame attached here.

Everyone appears to be trying their hardest to get the best out of a tricky situation, which is FFP. The club are making cut backs/ which is understandable given FFP and Sami is doing what he can with the squad available to him.

The question should be, do you comply or gamble with FFP? I know which one I choose.......

I don't think FFP has got anything to do with it. Whenever I've heard TB talk on the subject of finance he always said he wants the club to be well managed. I believe we are well within the limits of FFP even before taking the huge surplus we have generated from transfer activity

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Voted 'neither'

Furious, at arms length, at every Monday board meeting.

That's some trick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wanted to vote, but it seemed a little harsh. It's too early to say. Although I do think the team we had out yesterday should have been enough to see off a very poor Birmingham City.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
There seem to be two themes prevalent at the moment:

- Poor player recruitment (Bloom & Burke)
In short: Players sold are high quality, players brought in aren't as good and we've missed out on a number of better target.

- Poor tactics, selection and player positioning (Hyypia)
In short: match tactics seem sketchy, substitutions weaken the team and LuaLua is not being played where he can be most effective.

Are both these things true, in your eyes, or is Hyypia just working as best he can with what he has?

There is another reason you've not put but I would be shot down in flames if I said it on here.

Something that another regular poster mentioned to me Friday when I saw him.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think FFP has got anything to do with it. Whenever I've heard TB talk on the subject of finance he always said he wants the club to be well managed. I believe we are well within the limits of FFP even before taking the huge surplus we have generated from transfer activity

To me, being well managed, perhaps implies that they will follow strict compliance with FFP.....possibly.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
To me, being well managed, perhaps implies that they will follow strict compliance with FFP.....possibly.

Of course it does but if FFP didn't exist I'm fairly sure the club would operate in the same way is it is now, so yes the club will be compliant but it's also an irrelevance

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth

Mine & most level headed Long Term Abionites thinking , Thanks 😉 UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here