Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ITV Meridian

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Having had Sky installed last month i was surprised that living in Swindon the ITV regional news is set to Meridian....we don't normally watch regional news but when its on I have been pleasantly shocked that in Swindon I see BHA news.....( previously on Virgin it was set to Birmingham)

Question is though why don't they ever mention Southampton or Portsmouth?? The region is called Thames Valley but Brighton is not in the Thames Valley..

BTW how old is Fred Dinage? I can remember him when I was a kid many moons ago..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having had Sky installed last month i was surprised that living in Swindon the ITV regional news is set to Meridian....we don't normally watch regional news but when its on I have been pleasantly shocked that in Swindon I see BHA news.....( previously on Virgin it was set to Birmingham)

Question is though why don't they ever mention Southampton or Portsmouth?? The region is called Thames Valley but Brighton is not in the Thames Valley..

BTW how old is Fred Dinage? I can remember him when I was a kid many moons ago..

I assume because the Poole to Havant belt has a population of 1.3M and they pander to them, with very little interest in the rest of the region. Possibly laziness too ... all a short hop from the Stains studio for filming.

BBC South with Sally Taylor are just a bad. Their region goes all the way to Oxford! The Albion used to get a token 10 seconds.

Brighton and Hove got lucky with a rejig of freeview regions about 3 years ago. BBC news now comes from Tunbridge Wells, where Brighton and the Albion get more than our fair share of time.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Meridian are the "Argus" of the TV world. Awful presenters, very lazy news coverage-if its in a 25 mile radius of Southampton its newsworthy-if not they fit it in when there is no "Dead Donkey" story from Southampton to show. Sport is all Southampton, Bournemouth and Pompey FC and Hampshire CC, with BHA and Sussex CC getting lip service. I find it unwatchable now. Brighton barely gets a mention, and considering the relative size of the cities their coverage id a disgrace

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You can watch the weather with Holly Green, with her hair tucked behind her left ear, her bubbly personality, shiny blonde hair, lovely figure. I like Holly!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Holly.JPG
    Holly.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 594

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Meridian are the "Argus" of the TV world. Awful presenters, very lazy news coverage-if its in a 25 mile radius of Southampton its newsworthy-if not they fit it in when there is no "Dead Donkey" story from Southampton to show. Sport is all Southampton, Bournemouth and Pompey FC and Hampshire CC, with BHA and Sussex CC getting lip service. I find it unwatchable now. Brighton barely gets a mention, and considering the relative size of the cities their coverage id a disgrace

Totally the opposite to what Im seeing....as I said Ive seen no mention of Southampton, Pompy or Bournemouth....maybe you have a different Meridian region?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally the opposite to what Im seeing....as I said Ive seen no mention of Southampton, Pompy or Bournemouth....maybe you have a different Meridian region?

They split the region into subregions for the first 15 minutes, bizarrely all presented by Fred, so some pre-filming going on. Our freeview gives us the Southampton based version, whilst Virgin HD channel 113 Fred giving us news of Kent, East Sussex and Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They split the region into subregions for the first 15 minutes, bizarrely all presented by Fred, so some pre-filming going on. Our freeview gives us the Southampton based version, whilst Virgin HD channel 113 Fred giving us news of Kent, East Sussex and Brighton.

While those of us in West Sussex are catered to by a naked Salma Hayek.

T'is the hand in life we were dealt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here