Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] VPN and NBC Gold

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So I have ExpressVPN and I signed up ($49.99 a year) for the NBC Gold package. They are now asking for my TV provider with username and password - I live in the UK. Anyone have experience of this because I haven't got a scooby where to go when I can't provide that info!?!

Thanks in advance.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ok so I am now seeing that certain games require a TV provider and others, like our game tomorrow, don't. Why the hell do some need a TV provider?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So I have ExpressVPN and I signed up ($49.99 a year) for the NBC Gold package. They are now asking for my TV provider with username and password - I live in the UK. Anyone have experience of this because I haven't got a scooby where to go when I can't provide that info!?!

Thanks in advance.

Why subscribe ? Can access it via various streaming apps anyway....for free.

I use reddit on pc/laptop, and Universal Sports TV app n tablet.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Games like tonight, which are on their TV channel in the US, aren't available to stream online without TV provider details, which obviously you won't have.

You will be able to stream most (not all) Brighton games.

For the other games your options are Sky Sports, BT Sports or r/soccerstreams on Reddit.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Why subscribe ? Can access it via various streaming apps anyway....for free.

I use reddit on pc/laptop, and Universal Sports TV app n tablet.

For convenience. It provides a 100% reliable stream, in full HD quality and with English commentary.

You can always find a stream but it's not always perfect and sometimes requires a bit of faffing about to get the best quality one.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Usually get a decent HD stream from either.

I failed to nail down one good stream last season and believe me I tried many on my UK IP, hence the VPN in the vain hope I get better service on a virtual private network.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I failed to nail down one good stream last season and believe me I tried many on my UK IP, hence the VPN in the vain hope I get better service on a virtual private network.

Rarely have issues with the Universal TV HD app...it’s very good. Usually more than one choice of channel streaming the game and can cast it from IPAD to TV.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex

Thanks in advance.
Think [MENTION=1104]seagulls4ever[/MENTION] answers your question, that was my understanding too.

Actually [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] I'm probably going to do this myself tomorrow - do you just use a random US zip and use PayPal? And if so with PayPal did you use a UK credit card or did you pay using a PayPal balance? Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think [MENTION=1104]seagulls4ever[/MENTION] answers your question, that was my understanding too.

Actually [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION] I'm probably going to do this myself tomorrow - do you just use a random US zip and use PayPal? And if so with PayPal did you use a UK credit card or did you pay using a PayPal balance? Cheers

No, you can use your UK credentials to do it, all above board, just connect to a US VPN.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

When I signed up I just had to set the VPN to the US and it automatically assigned a post code. Doesn't matter how you pay through PayPal.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Has anyone else had a problem with nbc gold, I haven’t changed my vpn and have tried a different one however no premier league games for the last 2 weeks are showing on the ‘live and upcoming’ section, I’ve checked and my pass is still active?

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Has anyone else had a problem with nbc gold, I haven’t changed my vpn and have tried a different one however no premier league games for the last 2 weeks are showing on the ‘live and upcoming’ section, I’ve checked and my pass is still active?
All working ok for me, Jakeg - was perfect earlier. Hope you get it sorted (and do let us know what the solution was if you rectified it)

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Thanks in advance.

Try Xfinity with steyer4223 for username and "password" as your password.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here