Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan on Dunk and Duffy - hmmmmm!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Feeding off our manager seemingly amazed we're able to play at this level. Why shouldn't we be? This is an expensively assembled squad full of good players - let's have a bit more belief throughout the club. We're not Championship anymore, we are where we deserve to be.

And we should be playing better football, and be higher up the table.

There, I've said it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feeding off our manager seemingly amazed we're able to play at this level. Why shouldn't we be? This is an expensively assembled squad full of good players - let's have a bit more belief throughout the club. We're not Championship anymore, we are where we deserve to be.

Yesterday's team was pretty much Championship. :whistle:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
because they won us the game , as they have the last 3 games where our midfield has been ineffectual for large parts of the game .

Don’t underestimate how essential the Brighton midfielders are to the defensive set-up! Defending is from the front, blocks flying everywhere and positional play from most players has been superb!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Don’t underestimate how essential the Brighton midfielders are to the defensive set-up! Defending is from the front, blocks flying everywhere and positional play from most players has been superb!

midfield has been over run for large parts of our 3 previous games .........i don't see the point of tapping the ball around , turning attacking opportunities into defensive possession , giving the ball to Matty for him to pump it out of play or up the field there fore giving it away .....every now and then the midfield needs to provide a scoring chance and when they do someone needs to be on the end of it ............i'm hoping something is going to CLICK all of a sudden because despite the points our play is so good.......in my opinion of course.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know EXACTLY what he meant, but it's a bit strange it should be put in an official story from the club.

Chances are that they will both move on to bigger and better things – probably the same as Maty himself. That's just football :shrug:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I can confirm that it was not Maty giving the interview. How do I know?

The imposter did not start each sentence with 'Look'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Heat of the moment, he is forgiven. All three of them were colossal on Saturday.

I'm sure a lot of us are now taking huge pleasure every time they get another shutout, and they celebrate one at the end like they've scored.

Both brave beyond words, but if you were being hyper critical, does 'desperate blocking' all the time mean yoy werent quite in the right position in the first place?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
"I don’t know if I’ve ever played with two players that defend with such desperation and get so many blocks in", says Maty Ryan on centre-back pairing Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy.

That's nice, Maty.

“I can’t think of a better defensive duo and if they keep performing as they are, there’s no reason why they couldn’t play for a top team."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/ryan-hails-outstanding-defensive-duo/

Although that type of statement annoys me, it is similar to what Glenn was saying on "Goals on Sunday" when he said individually none of them are exceptional but collectively they can be, or something on those lines. Just keep thinking when are we actually going to consider ourselves a top team, when we are in the top 6, or never??

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We have a 'Communications Team' at work who put out press releases and so on. They often quote staff - but generally speaking their 'quotes' are not precisely what we said. So unless we hear Maty actually saying this, we don't really know what precisely he said, or in what context. For instance, I know that quotes are often answers such as 'could D&D play for a top team?' - 'Yes'

It was a radio interview

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Although that type of statement annoys me, it is similar to what Glenn was saying on "Goals on Sunday" when he said individually none of them are exceptional but collectively they can be, or something on those lines. Just keep thinking when are we actually going to consider ourselves a top team, when we are in the top 6, or never??

We're not a top team! We're a lower Premier League team. Brighton fans are so precious sometimes. Can't see a problem with what Ryan has said at all. We're not honestly trying to kid ourselves that Dunk and Duffy wouldn't want to play for Arsenal or Liverpool or someone, are we? Of course that is their ambition. I bloody hope it is, anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
.....every now and then the midfield needs to provide a scoring chance and when they do someone needs to be on the end of it ............i'm hoping something is going to CLICK all of a sudden because despite the points....

Like against West Ham, where our MIDFIELDER Kayal won the ball, ran down the line and laid it on a plate for Murray, for the winning goal?

Or against Newcastle, where MIDFIELDER Izquierdo shot from the edge of the box - his shot deflected in by MIDFIELDER Kayal, lurking six yards from goal?

Or against Wolves, where MIDFIELDER Alireza, created the chance for Bruno, that led to the winning goal?

Or are we talking about different midfielders?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We're not a top team! We're a lower Premier League team. Brighton fans are so precious sometimes. Can't see a problem with what Ryan has said at all. We're not honestly trying to kid ourselves that Dunk and Duffy wouldn't want to play for Arsenal or Liverpool or someone, are we? Of course that is their ambition. I bloody hope it is, anyway.

Yes, it's assumed every player wants to better himself. No need to f**king talk about it.

Seem to recall Jeff Minton banging on about Spurs while he was at the Ablbion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here