Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA receive offer to sell Wembley...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i see that papers and politicians have gone full on "its a disgrace" mode, when the FA have only received an offer.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Should not be allowed to happen. I am sure if an Englishman tried to buy the National Stadium in any other country around the world he would be told were to go. The Stadium was built with tax payers money.

Modern Britain - Everything Must Go.

I'm sure Brexit will fix that.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The same DULLARD has just been on the BBC News Channel and said “If Fulham are promoted and move to Wembley it would effectively leave just one small club from London in the Premier League in the shape of Crystal Palace”

#MissionAccomplished

:bowdown:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The fact someone wants to buy the stadium suggests that they think it can generate a viable income- and that they will see a profit on their initial investment.

So on that basis the FA is losing the opportunity for long term income which would total substantially beyond what they are being offered to sell?

Unless I’ve missed something it sounds like another public, income generating asset being sold off so a private company can make money..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Should not be allowed to happen. I am sure if an Englishman tried to buy the National Stadium in any other country around the world he would be told were to go. The Stadium was built with tax payers money.
It wasn't tax but a Lottery grant that allowed the FA to buy he OLD stadium off a private company.

Wembley had always been in private hands. Its not a "National Asset" by anyone's definition .

Do think it would be a good use of tax payers money to put the stadium into public ownership ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It wasn't tax but a Lottery grant that allowed the FA to buy he OLD stadium off a private company.

Wembley had always been in private hands. Its not a "National Asset" by anyone's definition .

Do think it would be a good use of tax payers money to put the stadium into public ownership ?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

In addition to the lottery money £161 million of tax payers public money was used to fund the building of the stadium.

https://www.nao.org.uk/press-release/the-english-national-stadium-project-at-wembley-2/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here