Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber's Deadline Day Disappointment

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think you’re point is somehow that Albion aren’t up to speed and everyone else is. Not sure that the handful of signings elsewhere stands that up but yep you’re right. Stoke and Burnley and Hudds have some new players.

I wasn’t trying to make a point, I answered a question with facts. Maybe don’t read too much into everything that you perceive as being a dig at the club.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Stoke – a couple of full backs and an U23
Huddersfield – a defender sent out on loan from Monaco, and Pritchard
Leicester – probably the only genuine one you could say 'I wonder if we could have got him'...
Everton – Walcott, never in our market
Burnley – Spurs loanee

Other than Fousseni Diabaté, a striker from Ligue 2 for Leicester, its fair to say, not a lot has happened for anyone really in terms of what we're looking for. If a load of clubs were signing strikers, then you really would have alarm bells ringing.

Reims are 10 points clear at the top of Ligue 2.

We should be looking at these two players maybe:

https://us.soccerway.com/players/theoson-jordan-siebatcheu/324260/

https://us.soccerway.com/players/diego-rigonato-rodrigues/33744/

If we sign neither/either/both i expect my slice of the pie Mr Barber:cool:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But surely his pontificating is as valid as your pontificating ? It’s all speculation devoid of relevant facts. The only thing the debate seems to reveal is different posters’ glass half full or glass half empty personalities.

Go back and read the conversation, someone asked a question which I answered with FACTS. Chailey, as usual, felt the need to come charging in to protect the Albion despite his stance being entirely unnecessary. He can’t help himself and it’s boring.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Go back and read the conversation, someone asked a question which I answered with FACTS. Chailey, as usual, felt the need to come charging in to protect the Albion despite his stance being entirely unnecessary. He can’t help himself and it’s boring.

It could have been expected for you to have put your opinion to those facts, mainly due to the fact you used them to counter someone who was suggesting no one was doing any business yet. Yes, you just listed the clubs that have, but in the context it wasn't unreasonable to infer you were suggesting lots of business was being done by quoting those facts.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It could have been expected for you to have put your opinion to those facts, mainly due to the fact you used them to counter someone who was suggesting no one was doing any business yet. Yes, you just listed the clubs that have, but in the context it wasn't unreasonable to infer you were suggesting lots of business was being done.

I think people are getting a little too precious around here.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Conveniently forgetting Everton spent £27m on a Turkish international striker? And why are you trying to discard those signings as if they’re irrelevant. Stoke have been crap defensively, they’ve signed 3 defenders, 2 of which are internationals. Also worth noting we don’t just need a striker so that comment is a moot point.

This.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

To be fair you are right. It was certainly boring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here