Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I cannot believe that Ings hasnt gone out on loan anywhere as he stands no chance of a start at Liverpool. Also what about Niassie at Everton wasnt he on our radar once.

Still time I guess. Everton must have strikers to spare what with Walcott, Rooney, Calvert - Lewin and Niasse all being at the club now?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Vicente and Bridge moves the seesaw back to Gus though. I was open mouthed when they signed for us. Gus was brilliant at selling the club and remember he also signed Bruno.

We have made some great signings since but none come close in terms of "wow, are these really Brighton players?" when they signed.

He also got VVD really keen to join us - it just fell through as we weren't prepared to up our bid further.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still time I guess. Everton must have strikers to spare what with Walcott, Rooney, Calvert - Lewin and Niasse all being at the club now?

Most Premier League clubs tend to have that number of strikers though, it's normal. It only takes a couple of injuries. I doubt that they are keen to offload unless Alladyce doesn't rate any of them.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Poyet nostalgia thread. Failed to deliver PL football, whilst Holloway and Hughton have for example.

Nope just giving credit where it's due. Maybe you were underwhelmed with the signings mentioned. I have contributed plenty to how it all ended but Gus did make us high profile once we arrived at the Amex. Nowt wrong with remembering the good times. Current transfer windows are nowhere near as exciting....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From the comments of CH it would seem that we should put this thread on hold until at least Monday of next week.
Yes, it doesn't seem anything will happen before Chelsea, and Sunday never seems like a good day for transfers.

Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week then !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I cannot believe that Ings hasnt gone out on loan anywhere as he stands no chance of a start at Liverpool. Also what about Niassie at Everton wasnt he on our radar once.
Loans won't happen really until Jan 31st in case of last minute injuries to other players.

I can't see us signing off on any Goldson loan until the game at Southampton has finished !

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Nope just giving credit where it's due. Maybe you were underwhelmed with the signings mentioned. I have contributed plenty to how it all ended but Gus did make us high profile once we arrived at the Amex. Nowt wrong with remembering the good times. Current transfer windows are nowhere near as exciting....

I find I'm readily agreeing with all you have to say these days. It's rendered me utterly superfluous.

This is a genuinely sad day for me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find I'm readily agreeing with all you have to say these days. It's rendered me utterly superfluous.

This is a genuinely sad day for me.

Kosh, I cannot even start to compete when you go off on your articulate ramblings!! You are like a Northern relative of Meade's Ball :lolol:

Rock On Kosh :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But he produced the best football spectator watching wise that we have seen for many a year.

At Withdean, I agree with you.

Personally I found the slow, low scoring, low win ratio of the Poyet Amex era tedious.

But Hughton's football Jan15 to Easter17 was the best I've seen. Countless wins and goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liverpool have said they want £20m for Sturridge here is an idea as it is not my money. Tell him we will sign you on a 1 year or 18 month contract but we wont pay you £90k per week, we will pay £50k but guarantee that if you stay fit and score the goals that keep us up we will sell you in the summer or January if somebody comes in. He may even make the England squad if he stayed fit and scored goals so somebody would come in for him. How much of a gamble for TB?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Liverpool have said they want £20m for Sturridge here is an idea as it is not my money. Tell him we will sign you on a 1 year or 18 month contract but we wont pay you £90k per week, we will pay £50k but guarantee that if you stay fit and score the goals that keep us up we will sell you in the summer or January if somebody comes in. He may even make the England squad if he stayed fit and scored goals so somebody would come in for him. How much of a gamble for TB?

Very big gamble if the rumours of him being a toxic influence in the dressing room are true.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...

Or pay the £20m and have a £20m relegation release clause?
A gamble, yes, but if he keeps fit then I would be happy to have him.
BUT, we won't sign him cos his wages will be too high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here