Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Fast Eddie

Jul 7, 2003
The Worthing dates were 87 and 89, not as early as Bomber. I know they played an earlier date in ‘77 in Brighton. Perhaps it was a guest appearance at a Hawkwind show in Worthing?

I never missed a tour from 83 onwards, it was amazing to find them playing in Worthing on the Rock and Roll tour, and being local to Worthing I don’t think I would have missed an advertised show in Worthing on the Bomber tour.

Also nothing on the official website tour logs for ‘79 & ‘80.
http://imotorhead.com/tours/?whichYear=1979
http://imotorhead.com/tours/?whichYear=1980

The 87 Worthing show I went to and was very loud. For the 89 show I didn't have a ticket but was at a football club committee meeting at the old Worthing Civic Club which used to be based in the houses across the road from the Assembly Hall. To be honest, the 89 gig was clearer to me listening from across the road than the 87 one was in the hall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 87 Worthing show I went to and was very loud. For the 89 show I didn't have a ticket but was at a football club committee meeting at the old Worthing Civic Club which used to be based in the houses across the road from the Assembly Hall. To be honest, the 89 gig was clearer to me listening from across the road than the 87 one was in the hall.

I remember at the 89 gig a fella repeatedly putting his head into the speakers. :ohmy:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I remember at the 89 gig a fella repeatedly putting his head into the speakers. :ohmy:

That was a show when I seem to recall Lemmy getting the proper hump after someone through a can or (plastic) glass on the stage, he threatened to walk off the stage if it happened again. At some point at that show I ended up on my arse in the bundle at the front, when I finally got hauled up Lemmy was looking right down at me, straight in the eyes, he loved his fans, gave something to the fans that very few bands and artists do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was a show when I seem to recall Lemmy getting the proper hump after someone through a can or (plastic) glass on the stage, he threatened to walk off the stage if it happened again. At some point at that show I ended up on my arse in the bundle at the front, when I finally got hauled up Lemmy was looking right down at me, straight in the eyes, he loved his fans, gave something to the fans that very few bands and artists do.

In the bar before hand it suddenly went dark.
The biggest fella (biker) I have ever seen stood next to us and blocked all light!!.

Scroll forward an hour or so and puny teenaged me gets bundled into this behemoth.
He grabs me in a headlock.
Naturally I assume I'm about to die.
He yanked my head up.
I'm now praying to ALL denominations.
He threw a clenched fist towards me.
Then stuck his thumb up and screamed 'yeeeaaaahhhhhh', before letting go.

After a moment to compose myself, change pants etc, I wondered what that was all about.
It turned out, even in the front of a Motorhead gig, this fella had everyone giving him a wide berth.
It was as if he had a force field switched on, I was the only idiot to get involved with him, all night.

Happy days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In the bar before hand it suddenly went dark.
The biggest fella (biker) I have ever seen stood next to us and blocked all light!!.

Scroll forward an hour or so and puny teenaged me gets bundled into this behemoth.
He grabs me in a headlock.
Naturally I assume I'm about to die.
He yanked my head up.
I'm now praying to ALL denominations.
He threw a clenched fist towards me.
Then stuck his thumb up and screamed 'yeeeaaaahhhhhh', before letting go.

After a moment to compose myself, change pants etc, I wondered what that was all about.
It turned out, even in the front of a Motorhead gig, this fella had everyone giving him a wide berth.
It was as if he had a force field switched on, I was the only idiot to get involved with him, all night.

Happy days.

It wasn’t me :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here