Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Watched Three Billboards.......... earlier.

Simply astounded how good it was, if there is a better film this year I cannot wait to see it.

Absolutely magnificient, with a gamut of emotions.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I predict 'Ready Player One' to be absolutely SAVAGED and to be this year's complete turkey.

That and SOLO.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll be watching The shape of water over the weekend, looks good.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Watched the Greatest Showman recently and despite the negative reviews, I thought it was bloody good. 7/10

Also looking forward to Ready Player One, having enjoyed the book. I too fear it might not turn out to be that great though.

Solo will probably turn out to be brilliant despite the utter shambles of it's production. Still smarting over the shitty bits of The Last Jedi though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I predict 'Ready Player One' to be absolutely SAVAGED and to be this year's complete turkey.

That and SOLO.

Could be, I obviously have high hopes, the trailer is meh for me. Hope it has some substance and not just a cgi fest. With Spielberg at the helm it has a very decent chance of being something special

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Could be, I obviously have high hopes, the trailer is meh for me. Hope it has some substance and not just a cgi fest. With Spielberg at the helm it has a very decent chance of being something special

Yeah I agree - SS doesn't do turkeys, and when he's sprinkling his magic around it's incredible. But I just have a feeling it's going to bomb.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Watched Hostiles

Christian Bale gives a superb performance as the main character in a western set towards the end of the conflict with native Americans. The scenery is stunning but overall the film is slow and predictable.
Not a great western

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Watched Hostiles

Christian Bale gives a superb performance as the main character in a western set towards the end of the conflict with native Americans. The scenery is stunning but overall the film is slow and predictable.
Not a great western

Is it as slow as The Assassination of Jesse James? I loved that

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Another vote for 3 Billboards. Stunningly good film: original, funny, tragic, dark, violent, tender and brilliantly acted. I'd be surprised if there is a better film this year. Up there with Moonlight and The Florida Project from last year for me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

That and SOLO.

Having watched the trailer for Ready Player One I would have to agree. It looks a right mess and that’s just two minutes worth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here