Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foods the world would be better without

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Processed meats. The crap waterlogged slivers of "ham" or "chicken". Why?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It was the greatest night of my life; I had been invited to the Captain's table. I had only been with the company FOURTEEN YEARS. Six officers and me... they called me "Arnold!" We had gazpacho soup for starters... I didn't know that gazpacho soup was meant to be served cold. I called over the chef and told him to take it away and bring it back hot! So he did... the looks on their faces still haunt me today! I thought they were laughing at the chef, when all the time they were laughing at me as I ate my piping hot gazpacho soup! I never ate at the Captain's table again. That was the end of my career. If only they'd mentioned it in basic training! Instead of having us climbing up and down ropes and crawling on your elbows through tunnels--if only just ONCE they would've mentioned that gazpacho soup was served cold--I would've been an admiral by now!...instead of a nothing, which is what I am, let's face it... I never got off the bottom rung, and do you know why? It's because I didn't have the right nobby parents! I'll bet Todd Hunter was fed gazpacho soup as soon as he was on solids! No, I'll bet he was breast-fed on it! One side gazpacho soup, the other side freely-dispensed chilled champagne!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Parsnips
Beetroot
Spinach

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Courgettes
Cabbage
Sprouts
Broccoli
...and, the worst of the worst, cooked apple. Ewwwwwww. Can't stand being near the stuff.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sprouts
Aubergine
Courgette

and perhaps controversially...

Bananas.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mushrooms
green beans
artichoke
aubergine

Mushrooms ? nooooooooooooooo !

Fried with a Full English, a stuffed grilled portobello, in a creamy pasta sauce, sitting next to a big juicy ribeye steak...........even in a humble omelette. We can't have mushrooms on the list.

Artichokes on the other hand.......yuck

Mushrooms ? nooooooooooooooo !

Fried with a Full English, a stuffed grilled portobello, in a creamy pasta sauce, sitting next to a big juicy ribeye steak...........even in a humble omelette. We can't have mushrooms on the list.

Artichokes on the other hand.......yuck

Globe or Jerusalem artichokes are bloody lovely.

As are mushys, so you're only half wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here