Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the market for another Striker

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
only signed a four year contract earlier this year apparently?

True that.
Cost them less than a million quid though and we know (from Getafe fans) that there's a lot more money in the Champ than for the small La Liga/big Liga Adelente clubs.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looks good, a little too good for us in fact.

"On 6 February 2014 Šćepović was bought by Sporting outright for a €1 million fee,[13] with the Serbian penning a contract until 2018.[14]"

Would be a quality addition but may cost £3m-£4m based on his transfer in February.

Probably right but that's the amount we should be looking to spend on a front man.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looks good, a little too good for us in fact.

"On 6 February 2014 Šćepović was bought by Sporting outright for a €1 million fee,[13] with the Serbian penning a contract until 2018.[14]"

Would be a quality addition but may cost £3m-£4m based on his transfer in February.

Isn't he the one that Celtic are close to signing?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Number 9

Good guessing game for a new striker!

Right now I am not sure what we need because I do not know what the new players are like week after week. I would like to see us sign someone in Nugent mould (before we signed Colunga). Left footer preferably. Or a replacement speed merchant.

I still hold hopes out that Lualua could become a second striker which would leave us needing a proper winger. I never dreamed we would sell Buckley and his absence both Mason and Conway look much better bets (except we missed them).

I thought we would hold fire for a new striker until January. Looks like we are taking promotion seriously this year!?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
John Guidetti? Will probably go back to Feyenoord unfortunately. Would be perfect although maybe a tad unrealistic.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Carlton Cole would be perfect for us now, for what we now need.Last piece of a promotion jigsaw,, height, power and physical presence.

...and all for just £40k per week.

What an absolute bargain.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We have almost completed all our dealings before the mad rush on deadline day which is a fantastic achievement by the club. Think our new number 9 could go down to the wire but i have been very encouraged so far.
Would have been nice to assemble most of our squad for the Spanish training camp to gel etc but overall we should be pleased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here