Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Three new craft beer bars opening soon in Brighton

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not really.

Less is a pale ale.

As you probably know, IPA’s were Pales brewed in England and loaded with hops and a high abv to enable the beer to make it all the way to the Raj and still be drinkable to our empire builders. As long as you sip them like wine, a lot of these doubles and triples are lovely although I draw the line at the boozy Brewdog IPA shot I had once.

Have to agree to disagree. I just find the combination of the aroma and taste of some of these highly hopped beers a little too much, even in small quantities.

Prefer the taste of a regular IPA to one on steroids

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It does seem to be the new craze to just chuck as much hops at a beer as you possibly can, especially some of the New England IPAs. I brew my own beers and in my opinion there is more skill in brewing a balanced beer and using 1 or 2 hops and highlighting them as well as the grain bill.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Plus a new MicroPub coming soon in Boundary Road (along the lines of the Watchmakers Arms by Hove station). Life is good for the beer drinkers of Brighton & Hove!

Whereabouts?

Great news! Where abouts!?

Apparently the owner's partner is going to do West Indian street food sort of stuff. As long as it's not too much I might chance it but it'll have to be bloody good to drag me away from The Watchmakers post-match. Micropubs are popping up everywhere along the West Coastway route. It's bloody marvellous I tell you.

The Foghorn, Boundary Road, Portslade – Leases, licenses signed, refurbishment commenced. Opening soon!

:drink:

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Planning Permission was granted for the change of use a couple of weeks ago. It is in the old English School building opposite the post office on the cross roads of Boundary Rd and New Church Rd. [MENTION=12474]The Gem[/MENTION] will be well served by it as he is only 2 doors down. :drink:

And the truth will set you free :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fantastic news.

Just need someone to take on the Stanley now

The loss of the Stanley would be keenly felt. How many pubs do a cellar night with guest ales at £3, and free cheese, pate and biscuits buffet once a month? A real community boozer, people genuinely know each other, massive interest in football in there from involvement in grassroots to the Albion. I really hope they can achieve a community buyout because it is a lot more than just a pub.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Artisan and craft thought up by hipsters to fleece idiots! Standing behind a women who ordered marmite on German rye the other day, £3.50 for two slices of marmite on toast!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Artisan and craft thought up by hipsters to fleece idiots! Standing behind a women who ordered marmite on German rye the other day, £3.50 for two slices of marmite on toast!

Jesus. They saw her coming. Everyone knows it’s Nutella on German rye; you have to add a dash of irony with pretension. Oh, that’ll be 6.50 please.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Looking forward to the Holler taproom opening - doubly as the bloody builders have been blocking the cycle lane

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The loss of the Stanley would be keenly felt. How many pubs do a cellar night with guest ales at £3, and free cheese, pate and biscuits buffet once a month? A real community boozer, people genuinely know each other, massive interest in football in there from involvement in grassroots to the Albion. I really hope they can achieve a community buyout because it is a lot more than just a pub.
I agree entirely. Seems unlikely from what I hear but I'm very much not at all ITK.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Foghorn on course to open in a couple of weeks, according to the bloke having a fag outside at the weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Pond are taking over The Hampton, rebranding it as Easy Tiger as a short term 'pop up' / project I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here