Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where are you on the UK fat scale?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Yes, if you consider a pint of beer roughly the same in terms of calories as drinking a pint of semi-skimmed milk you start to look at it differently. A shot of whiskey is like a shot of cream.

there's very little nutrition in beer and probably none in spirits so it's empty calories (unfortunately)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there's very little nutrition in beer and probably none in spirits so it's empty calories (unfortunately)

actually ales have quite a lot of nutrition, with antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals some protein and fiber. heavily filtered beers not so much (sorry lager drinkers).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
actually ales have quite a lot of nutrition, with antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals some protein and fiber.

Only trouble is the kebab and chips you eat afterwards pretty much undoes any good the beer has done you...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only trouble is the kebab and chips you eat afterwards pretty much undoes any good the beer has done you...

ah, shish kebab no chips has that covered :thumbsup::drink:

and a dodgy kept ale with some live yeast in it can give you free enema the next morning. :shit:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I personally blame the food manufacturers. You used to have to add sugar to cereal at breakfast time. Now practically every box has tons of it, in daft shapes to appeal to children.

No. You didn't have to.
You chose to.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I just put my details in and it said I was obese.

I was offended, so put a new battery in the bathroom scales and discovered I weigh more than I thought! :cry:

Why does it ask for a postcode? Do I need to move to get a better reading, or does gravity act differently in different parts of the country?

If I'm obese, then so are most people I know. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm off out for a run. I doubt it'll make much difference to my BMI, though. :shrug:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
actually ales have quite a lot of nutrition, with antioxidants, B vitamins, minerals some protein and fiber. heavily filtered beers not so much (sorry lager drinkers).

So a pint of Harveys Best is pretty much a smoothie .... wow, many thanks [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I find it hilarious that a) people still think BMI is relevant, and b) this many people have gone to weigh themselves to answer this thread. I honestly don’t remember the last time I stepped on any scales.

Then again, I am an ectomorph.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
BMI is a good enough measure that it’s used to help predict the risk of early death or getting a serious illness in the UK Life Insurance industry. Pretty much all protection underwriting question sets assess your BMI very early in the process and some insurers will reject or charge an extra amount for a bad BMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s been a while since I scored a first in an exam. I’m chuffed to bits.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
BMI is a good enough measure that it’s used to help predict the risk of early death or getting a serious illness in the UK Life Insurance industry. Pretty much all protection underwriting question sets assess your BMI very early in the process and some insurers will reject or charge an extra amount for a bad BMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go for 1% extra NI rebate for BMI's greater than 30. The fatties ultimately will bring down the NHS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here