Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baker Street: Brighton's Best Kept Secret?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Latest in a long line of gratuitous plugs for Bangers. Pie Of The Month for November is the glorious Steak & Scotch Bonnet Chillies :drool:

All hail the King Of Pies! :bowdown:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Monkey Music Emporium

Druids Head

New Pizza restaurant (the old corals bookies)

Pound shop

All must be in Baker Street

Semolina Restaurant

Sadly the knitting shop has gone

It's still good, but it used to be better. Great butcher down the London Road end (you can see some of the original tiles - I think it is now a poster shop), a great cafe owned by a lil Italian lady who used to shout the orders through a hatch to her (never seen) chef.

I remember going into Bardsleys when I was a toddler (and that was a long time ago). Recently sold after being in the same family for generations. I have only visited once since it changed hands. Coombers has been there even longer than Bardsleys and in my teen years was a regular Saturday stop off on the way to Woolies for pic 'n' mix.

And the stonking pie shop and of course the Mitre Tavern...a Harveys hostelry.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It's still good, but it used to be better. Great butcher down the London Road end (you can see some of the original tiles - I think it is now a poster shop), a great cafe owned by a lil Italian lady who used to shout the orders through a hatch to her (never seen) chef.

I remember going into Bardsleys when I was a toddler (and that was a long time ago). Recently sold after being in the same family for generations. I have only visited once since it changed hands. Coombers has been there even longer than Bardsleys and in my teen years was a regular Saturday stop off on the way to Woolies for pic 'n' mix.

And the stonking pie shop and of course the Mitre Tavern...a Harveys hostelry.

I'm sure the pie shop used to be a house?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Boo! where's the VEGAN option?!

Big shout out for Smorls (now even bigger) and opposite the Reverb studios in the Market.

https://www.smorls.com

Also Sunbird on the London Road. If it has to be in Baker Street then its chips, Mushy peas and Vegetable Burger from Bardsley's.

At the Florence Road Christmas market Kitkum Kitchen from the signalman was there. He was hoping to leave the pub in the new year and set up a full time restaurant around Baker Street and the Market. He does excellent Vegan food (as well as dead things) really recommend it, the vegan options that is.

https://www.signalman.pub/menu

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It has the boring but functional stuff as well, Baker Street Framers have just repaired the picture I smashed at my parents over Christmas. Money I could have spent in Smorls or Monkey Music Emporium, buy hey ho, teach me to knock things over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Latest updates from Baker Street:

- Bangers Pies has sadly closed for the foreseeable due to you know what. If you've enjoyed their pies - and if you haven't you've REALLY missed out there - please give them your support via their Facebook page

- Also due to you know what, the recently-revamped Mitre Tavern has covered over its 'Corona On Tap Here' advertising plaque, with a further 'Harveys: We Wont Be Druv' plaque of the exact same size :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

- Bangers Pies has sadly closed for the foreseeable due to you know what. If you've enjoyed their pies - and if you haven't you've REALLY missed out there - please give them your support via their Facebook page

- Also due to you know what, the recently-revamped Mitre Tavern has covered over its 'Corona On Tap Here' advertising plaque, with a further 'Harveys: We Wont Be Druv' plaque of the exact same size :lolol:

Well lets hope that we can regain access to the above two establishments sooner rather than later.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I used to drink in the Mitre occasionally many years ago when I worked at the Co-op.

A certain labour counciller M.H. who also worked at the Co-op was a regular there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here