Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil vs Germany = "Passion" vs "Having a brain"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All my vcash went on the dreaded Hun to win against some team of no hopers from the Dark Continent (Am I allowed to say Dark Continent, or will Dark Continent get me banned ?). So. as I had Braz(s)il in a sweep I quite obviously wanted a home win tonight, and have sent a brown envelope to FIFA on the grounds that it is an alleged disreputable organisation, so I expect to see the result overturned later tonight so that Dahveed Lewish can get to the final.

Glenfidich is okay if you've finished the Talisker.

It may or may not be allowed to say the Dark Continent - only trouble is, you're about three thousand miles adrift!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bearing in mind that England's home matches in the home internationals were mostly played at Wembley from 1923 onwards, six is looking like a very inaccurate number.

Before the war I believe it was only England's home games against Scotland that were played at Wembley. England played Wales and Ireland at various grounds including Smellhurst :shit:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bearing in mind that England's home matches in the home internationals were mostly played at Wembley from 1923 onwards, six is looking like a very inaccurate number.
No they weren't as [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] says only the Scotland matches were.

Before England v Hungary in 1953, England played just 15 matches at Wembley.
Of those 15, 12 were v Scotland with 3 friendlies (not including Eng v Rest of Europe (1))

Scotland beat us at Wembley in 1952.

Having our arses handed to us by Hungary, at Wembley, isn't what it's made out to be.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
This is the first decent team they've played in the tournament and quite rightly they've been found out,never looked good from the first game.

chile who beat Spain and Columbia were more than decent
Germany struggled with Ghana and Algeria
there was nothing to suggest the size of this defeat
not in this tournament in recent history or in the whole
of their history have Brazil defended so badly
I thought there weakness was at the other end
with Fred and hulk.
it was a stunning result
Germany were excellent
but Brazil's defensive meltdown complete failure
to regroup even when 2 0 down was shocking

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
chile who beat Spain and Columbia were more than decent
Germany struggled with Ghana and Algeria
there was nothing to suggest the size of this defeat
not in this tournament in recent history or in the whole
of their history have Brazil defended so badly
I thought there weakness was at the other end
with Fred and hulk.
it was a stunning result
Germany were excellent
but Brazil's defensive meltdown complete failure
to regroup even when 2 0 down was shocking

That's very hard to read.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone else have a nasty deja vu feeling comparing this to our playoff semi against the :shit: ?

When I saw Brazil holding up Neymar's shirt I was thinking clackers and opera singer. They were focused on the wrong thing. The Germans just did a job.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Germany were undoubtedly excellent, organised and clinincal. But for me this was more about Brazil's really really poor performance making the Hun look better than they are. Cant stand the hype that will now go on around this match.
On another note perhaps PSG are regretting the £50m for David Luiz .... he was shocking as a defender and even worse as a captain. Scolari should have told him theres more to it than wearing an armband

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Germany were undoubtedly excellent, organised and clinincal. But for me this was more about Brazil's really really poor performance making the Hun look better than they are. Cant stand the hype that will now go on around this match.
On another note perhaps PSG are regretting the £50m for David Luiz .... he was shocking as a defender and even worse as a captain. Scolari should have told him theres more to it than wearing an armband

On the other hand, an excellent bit of business by Chelsea! Doing to PSG with Luiz what Liverpool did to them with Torres.

This is the first decent team they've played in the tournament and quite rightly they've been found out,never looked good from the first game.

What a load of rubbish. Croatia were beaten by Brazil and the ref. Neymar should have been sent off in the first game and had he been, they might not have got out of the group. Colombia were a better team but were it not for, again, weak refereeing they might not have got to the Semis. Had that ref clamped down on the fouls (Brazil committed 31) then they Neymar might not have been fouled the way he was (although the injury was still unfortunate bearing in mind you see a host of similar incidents where the victim, eventually, gets up and gets on with the game). I say weak refereeing as anything else might suggest a conspiracy to assist the hosts!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong thread?
Pourquoi?

All we hear about when discussing the England team is:-

Passion.
Pride.
3 Lions.
Heart of sleeve.
Desire.
Wanting it.
and on and on and on.

As this thread, and last nights game goes to show, that's no substitute for actually being able to play.

Nobody expected the dry humping Brazil took last night.
But nevertheless Germany would have easily picked England apart.
Although I will say I doubt they would have humiliated us, but there would only ever have been one winner.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Spot on.

I thought the holding of Neymars shirt during the national anthem was embarrassing, you'd have thought he'd died.

There heads were nowhere and they just thought it was their destiny to win the WC and they could do it without having a side good enough to win it and rely on one (vastly overrated) player.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brazil played like an African team from the Eighties. No discipline and people charging up field en masse leaving big gaps all over the field. It was a bit of an eye opener to see a world soccer power playing such naïve football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you say never have been, up until 1967, they had never beaten us.

That'll be all of 8 matches spanning 36 years.

10-05-1930 Deutsches Stadion, Berlin 3–3 Friendly match Germany Draw
04-12-1935 White Hart Lane, London 3–0 Friendly match England England
14-05-1938 Olympic Stadium, Berlin 6–3 Friendly match Nazi Germany England
01-12-1954 Wembley Stadium, London 3–1 Friendly match England England
26-05-1956 Olympic Stadium, Berlin 3–1 Friendly match West Germany England
12-05-1965 Frankenstadion, Nuremberg 1–0 Friendly match West Germany England
23-02-1966 Wembley Stadium, London 1–0 Friendly match England England
30-07-1966 Wembley Stadium, London 4–2 aet 1966 FIFA World Cup

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm not sure if Brasil turned up believing their own hype and expecting to walk it, but they certainly didn't prepare for this game, mentally or physically. They had no idea at all where the German players we going to be at any point in time.

Being a little contrary, I didn't think the German's actually played the greatest game (not bad, but not amazing), they were clinical and efficient but against any half decent opponent, much of their game could have been closed down quite easily - they may still have won, but not easily. Brasil have flattered them by playing so absolutely appallingly.

In Germany's early games, especially Algeria, they looked a little ropey themselves, but there was always a glimmer that they could step up if needed. They clearly set out to beat Brasil, not just play them. I'm not sure at all what Brasil turned up to do!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? More than Mexico? Colombia? Costa Rica? There's a lot of people indulging in very lazy stereotypes in this thread.

Germany = efficiency. Brazil = flair. Cliches = yawn.

Sorry, have you been watching this World Cup? Have you seen all the Brazilians crying their eyes out before each game and sometimes during? Did you see Marcelo out of nowhere just hoof the ball out of play in the Colombia game (to MASSIVE cheers from the crowd).

This is the most "passion" led side in any form of football I have ever seen in my life!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I blame the pundits who have despite watching every Brazil game like us tell us how good they are.Even at 7 0 last night Steve Wilson was telling us it's like watching Brazil off old,i dont recall Brazil giving anyone a 7 1 humping against a World Power in any game since 78 when i started watching The World Cup.If i had the pick between Mueller or Neymar i know who i'd pick and it wouldn't be Mr Birdshit head.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Losing Thiago Silva was a massive blow - which is why they tried to get a suspension for two yellows overturned which isn't even in the rulebook

Not even the officials could help Brazil last night as they have in most of this tournament. Blatter and the FIFA bean counters are probably more pissed off than the Brazilians

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here