Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull travel . Huge price increases.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So its gone from £5.87 a match to £7.68...an increase of £1.81 per game (after a price freeze last year)

Hardly going to break the bank is it. I'd file this under "meh" and get on with salivating over next seasons fixtures.

Pretty much this ^^

It's not like it was expensive in the first place and there's no way the club are profiteering at those prices.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
At last someone gets it, for some that is the only way to get to the AMEX so they are taking advantage of a monopoly they have with coach/bus services to the ground

Is it a monopoly? AFAIK North West Sussex Seagulls run their own coaches. I am not aware there is anything to stop a rival operating a competing service.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
At last someone gets it, for some that is the only way to get to the AMEX so they are taking advantage of a monopoly they have with coach/bus services to the ground

Yes, and after all, fans can't rely on the trains nowadays can they Enrest? :dunce:

Seriously though, they don't quite have a monopoly, after all, North West Sussex Seagulls, Seagulls over Burwash, and Mid Sussex Seagulls, all operate coach services to the Amex from their own necks of the wood.

I don't know if Seagulls Travel are quite as slick and organised as they may at first appear, and certainly this apparent nonsense just before the Norwich away game, of delaying departure times to some coaches, so that they seemingly didn't have to pay for an extra driver, seems a tad worrying. Are they cash strapped one wonders?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yes, and after all, fans can't rely on the trains nowadays can they Enrest? :dunce:

Seriously though, they don't quite have a monopoly, after all, North West Sussex Seagulls, Seagulls over Burwash, and Mid Sussex Seagulls, all operate coach services to the Amex from their own necks of the wood.

I don't know if Seagulls Travel are quite as slick and organised as they may at first appear, and certainly this apparent nonsense just before the Norwich away game, of delaying departure times to some coaches, so that they seemingly didn't have to pay for an extra driver, seems a tad worrying. Are they cash strapped one wonders?

Last season my bus broke down once, had a crash once, failed to turn up once so if they are going to put their prices up they need to sort their service out

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Could be lots of reasons, one of which being increasing running costs of the vehicles – fuel, hire/maintenance, insurance, driver wages to name just a few. Then there might also be an increase demand due to the general shiteness of the trains, meaning the price gets put up further.

It could also be, of course, that ST is looking to cash in on new punters who want to see PL games and realise that they might only be able to make hay while the sun shines for one season.

I've just looked and a season ticket for me and the two Jnr Bobkins to get from Shoreham-by-Sea to the Amex would work out at just over £8 a game. I wouldn't be too fussed paying that :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Haven't read all the posts but surely from Shoreham the train would be better. Price included in ST.

Depends what you make your decision on. If cost alone that the train would win. However if you want to stay to the end of the game applaud the players off and get home at a reasonable time with no queuing then the seagull travel option becomes more attractive, more so if you dont live near to the station

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
This season my ticket was £135.00 for 23 home games. Next season it is now £146.00 for 19 games. This works out at 30% rise so how can this be justified?
I would imagine that if we go down the following season it would again be increased as we would have more matches. Views please.

additional demand will mean everyone will just have accept it no doubt, I'm sure all the pies and drinks will go up at least 10% next season too!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Last season my bus broke down once, had a crash once, failed to turn up once so if they are going to put their prices up they need to sort their service out

Now I have discovered that you don't travel to home games on your tricycle, a little bit of me has died :(

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Would never HAVE happened under DICK Tight (as he wouldn't HAVE been able to arrange IT in the first place).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Going to football isn't a right. Can't afford, don't go. But stop calling it a disgrace when it's £11 a year increase. Come on people, that's just making your Xmas cards 2nd class instead of 1st or something petty equivalent.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Fair point. I know some elderly people who use the service for this very reason.

Which is that it is far more reliable than the rail service will ever be.
That's one of its USP's, you can rely on it to arrive and leave when it says it will with a guaranteed seat. Some thing the railways could only dream of.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
This season, as a Seagull Travel season ticket holder from Hailsham, paying in one lump sum, it has cost me £209-00 for 23 matches, £9-08p/match.
Considering the crap some people had to deal with with Ernests beloved southern rail operating such a piss poor service, eg people having to walk to Lewes after the Aston Villa match, I consider that a good price to pay.
Next season, I will pay £191-00 for 19 home matches, £10-08 /match. An increase of £0-97p per match.
Mine certainly hasnt increased by 30%.
If you dont like it, get the train.......if they are running and if they are stopping at Falmer, but be prepared to change at Lewes and get a Rail replacement bus sevice cos of engineering works.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just done a quick comparison and for me and my 3 sons it's only £4 more per match for all 4 of us. Seems very reasonable to me.

They also swallowed the cost of re-running the Cardiff transport even though they had to shell out twice.

If this is all we have to complain about, we are doing very well indeed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here