Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK, who has cancelled their direct debit?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

el punal

Already? Or staying till the bitter end?

No, I haven't. Yes, I will be staying to the bitter end. For what it's worth this is MY club and I've supported them through good and bad for fifty years. A bit of poor form on the pitch is no reason to proverbially slit your wrists.

Christ! Some people need to get a bit of backbone! :annoyed:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Always pay my season ticket in full in March so cannot cancel and even if i did i wouldn't you either support a team or you don't and if a few poor results/performances can make someone take that drastic action then you may as well not bother in the first place. A supporter of any football team should be for life not just the good times.SEAGULLS

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The ST balance would be a legally recoverable debt, so the club could make a formal demand, and if you failed to pay the balance (ie the total amount due for the whole season, which the club have already lent you) sue you for it. This could mean the club obtaining a CCJ, which would then be on your credit record. You'd then struggle to get any credit anywhere - and that includes things like mobile phone contracts etc. God help you if you wanted a mortgage too. Not recommended.

Have you actually entered in to a credit agreement with the club though as you do with a mobile phone or just a contract to pay monthly, as if its the latter I am not sure if they can legally try to recover the debt in the same way and also cannot then mark CCJ's etc

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have you actually entered in to a credit agreement with the club though as you do with a mobile phone or just a contract to pay monthly, as if its the latter I am not sure if they can legally try to recover the debt in the same way and also cannot then mark CCJ's etc

It's the latter. However, the club can sue for damages for breach of contract. If it got to a County Court (which I really doubt), the Court could issue a CCJ, though they probably wouldn't.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
If you cancel your DD, you're cancelling it with the bank, so the club can't just take the cash. However, you have a contractual commitment to the club for the whole season - cancelling the DD doesn't change that. Who knows whether they'd come after you for the balance of the season's money? I suspect they would, because if they didn't it would set a precedent for other people to do the same and get away with it. The other thing to bear in mind if you cancel and don't pay up for the rest do the season is that they won't sell you a ticket for any game until you've settled up in full.

Where precisely does it tell us that we have a contractual commitment for the whole season? Because I, as many thousand of others, have bought my ST on-line where no T&C's seem to be available!

I hasten to add that I have no intention of cancelling! :D

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Go and support Chelsea!

I got my season ticket for the first time this season because I knew the trendies would get bored by now and I would not have to put up with them. I felt a bit cheated when we sold Buckley and I was not too happy when Stockdale signed as a keeper. Bloom did say he would build a competitive squad.

I expected Ulloa to go, so I can't complain about that.

I think it is a fraction better this season. I like it when we create lots of chances as it gears up the excitement. When we stop creating chances and lose possession then I would start to worry.

I still can't see why we haven't got a right winger to replace Buckley. Yanic Wildschut (Boro) did not even get on the pitch.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Daft idea! No. In to the bitter end and probably beyond.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The ticket isn't "still yours" if you haven't paid for it though. The moment you cancel the DD you have breached the contract.

In theory yes but in practice no. Hence my comment about when the club draws a line and says this mush is clearly not going to pay us any more dough so we can re-sell his ticket.

In my experience the club can be a bit naughty when it comes to these direct debits.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
NEVER< NEVER< NEVER in the same accent and tone as Ian Paisley

LOL! Add the words "constitutional" and "legitimate" and you've got the perfect impression every time!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think of my season-ticket as an annual subscription to a club, membership of which causes me no end of grief, but which I would never relinquish.

I am Brighton & Hove Albion until I die, for better or for worse.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As a Gillingham veteran, I appreciate that people like you are needed to fuel the growth of the club but feel annoyed that people like you have similar loyalty points to me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So - Item 4 of the DD T&C's says that if you miss two payments then your card will be deactivated and any arrears may be taken from any e-cash funds.

Basically we are paying upfront on a monthly basis for the two or so home matches in that month - nowhere does it actually state that fans have a contractual commitment for the whole season!

Yes, it does. Read the first sentence of clause 2 of the DD section again.

Where a Direct Debit Ticket Holder elects to pay by Season Ticket Monthly Payments, the Season Ticket Fee shall be due and payable in 12 equal instalments monthly in advance during the Season.

So, if you have a DD for a ST, you have to pay all 12 instalments.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If I was the club I would'nt bother going after anyone who defaults on a DD. You'e got more of their dosh to the amount of product they have received so just leave it.
I know technically you are in the wrong but if someone wants out........let them go.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Thanks and a big thumbs up to everyone responding. Reading some of the sh#te written on this board recently I was getting quite depressed, my faith in fellow fans is now restored. Let's get behind the team, and Sami !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here