Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester blocked from beambacks at their stadium

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Because games are being shown on TV. Does this mean we wont be able to show the Middleborough game at the AMEX or the beach to a big audience ....?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...denied-permission--to-watch-remaining-away-g/

The Middlesborough game will be at Riverside Stadium in Middlesborough not at the AMEX. Maybe they could show the game on a big screen at the AMEX. Of course that may not be possible because I heard Leicester were being blocked from showing beambacks at their stadium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Middlesborough game will be at Riverside Stadium in Middlesborough not at the AMEX. Maybe they could show the game on a big screen at the AMEX. Of course that may not be possible because I heard Leicester were being blocked from showing beambacks at their stadium.
What an irritating post!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if its on TV sort of negates the need for a beamback.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Read his post properly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Given that was a decision by the PL rather than the FL, I'd say not necessarily.

It may well apply to us though. Sounds like the PL were simply pandering to Sky

From the Telegraph link above...

But they were told that Premier League teams are not allowed to do so for matches shown live on Sky Sports or BT Sport due to the potential impact on the numbers of those paying to watch at home or at local bars and pubs, which rely on live football to attract customers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's on TV, I don't actually understand what it's got to do with the Premier League.

If a pub has a license to show games, then they can show games. The league can't deny them that right. Surely the same would apply to football clubs.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I emailed the Paul Barber today to ask about this, based on the extreme likelihood that the match will now be shown on Sky I asked if the club will consider showing the Sky coverage on a big screen at the Amex so that real Albion fans can watch it together rather than in a pub. I mentioned that the club could probably make a tidy profit in the bar - particularly if we get the right result and we have cause to party at the end ! I received a very quick response from PB stating that the club are indeed looking into making this possible subject to Sky confirming the coverage of course. They just then need to sort out some legal stuff and establish that they could staff this. If this all becomes possible then they will announce it on the website. So it definitely looks like the club have the appetite to do it if they can sort out the logistics. Watch this space ! :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone actually read the whole article?!?

The key bit: The club are allowed to screen both matches within the hospitality areas of the King Power Stadium and announced they would do so on Saturday. But the Keith Weller Lounge, Walkers Hall and 1884 Sports Bar are only able to accommodate 1,600 fans per game.

So, Leicester are allowed to do exactly what we do and, I'm sure, will do for the Boro game. What they have been denied doing is putting up big open-air screens at the ground/around the city.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I read it while sitting at my desk on my laptop computer. What is improper about reading it that way?

Now I understand what you may have meant. I should not have been sitting on my laptop computer while reading his/her post. Not only could it damage my laptop computer but it was rather difficult to sit on the laptop and read the post at the same time. Quite improper.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Has anyone actually read the whole article?!?

The key bit: The club are allowed to screen both matches within the hospitality areas of the King Power Stadium and announced they would do so on Saturday. But the Keith Weller Lounge, Walkers Hall and 1884 Sports Bar are only able to accommodate 1,600 fans per game.

So, Leicester are allowed to do exactly what we do and, I'm sure, will do for the Boro game. What they have been denied doing is putting up big open-air screens at the ground/around the city.
Yes but did you see the pics of the Charlton beambacks? Looked pretty rubbish. I would go to the game if it was on a massive screen from seats within the ground.... otherwise forget it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here