Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In my view, Corbyn's personality and background has alienated a pretty big number of centre ground voters, who Labour should be hoovering up in the current climate.

There are a lot of voters that are politically homeless right now, both major parties have allowed themselves to be hjacked by their own lunatic fringe. Labpur have a lot of good people but they are being kept away from the front bench

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As a Labour supporter, I don't think he's up to the job. Out-of-date ideas, not clever enough.

Out of date ideas? His policies are incredibly popular so not sure how they’re ‘out of date’. Even if you don’t like the man or agree with his views, to ignore the popularity of his policies, especially amongst young voters, is incredibly foolish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Out of date ideas? His policies are incredibly popular so not sure how they’re ‘out of date’. Even if you don’t like the man or agree with his views, to ignore the popularity of his policies, especially amongst young voters, is incredibly foolish.

monster raving looney party have lots of popular policies, dont translate to votes.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
monster raving looney party have lots of popular policies, dont translate to votes.

Tell that to all the young people that voted for Corbyn. The very demographic the Tories are struggling to reach. Discredit the power of popular policies at your peril.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Fair enough. I didn’t realise. I 100% retract my comment. I didn’t know enough about the story.
He should be totally ashamed of himself if he was honouring those murderers.

His point is that he wasn't, and that the wreath he laid was, as you say, in honour of the Palestinian dead killed by Israeli action. And that other wreaths were laid on other graves in the cemetery of which there are many. Surely these news hounds must be able to dig up some actual footage or news reports of the actual ceremony from then - which would explain it one way or the other.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
His point is that he wasn't, and that the wreath he laid was, as you say, in honour of the Palestinian dead killed by Israeli action. And that other wreaths were laid on other graves in the cemetery of which there are many. Surely these news hounds must be able to dig up some actual footage or news reports of the actual ceremony from then - which would explain it one way or the other.

Does it need further explanation? ???

The graves of the the 8 terrorists who perpetrated the atrocity weren’t even buried at the cemetery in Tunis that Corbyn visited.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
And Margaret Thatcher amongst all the world leaders condemned the Israeli terrorism that caused the murders , but that doesn't get reported

Nope. But the press don’t want the truth. They just want to continue their smear campaign ignorantly unaware that it’s just not working. The press has been so vicious to Corbyn from day one, cried wolf so many times, [sensible] people just don't trust it to treat him fairly. And I don't mean just his core supporters. I don't think the wider public does either.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Nope. But the press don’t want the truth. They just want to continue their smear campaign ignorantly unaware that it’s just not working. The press has been so vicious to Corbyn from day one, cried wolf so many times, [sensible] people just don't trust it to treat him fairly. And I don't mean just his core supporters. I don't think the wider public does either.

Really ????

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

You honestly think that half of what the press print about JC is true? When the most recent smear has been proven to be utter nonsense. The most shocking thing about this isn't that the Daily Mail lied to smear Corbyn, it's that the bulk of the UK mainstream media just lazily churnalised the lie into their own headlines without bothering to do the most rudimentary of fact-checks.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You honestly think that half of what the press print about JC is true? When the most recent smear has been proven to be utter nonsense. The most shocking thing about this isn't that the Daily Mail lied to smear Corbyn, it's that the bulk of the UK mainstream media just lazily churnalised the lie into their own headlines without bothering to do the most rudimentary of fact-checks.

Even C4 news at it tonight, shame on them

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Even C4 news at it tonight, shame on them

72422ecb820d89ee8621a1838ab97d92.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

He's not exactly doing his best to defend himself. Seems to be laying himself open to greater scrutiny. Mud sticks I'm afraid

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here