Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard not included in Man Utd's US tour

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Hasn't he missed most of our pre season then?

Ive only checked the Lewes game, Ive been away and busy since. I thought had forgotten about him TBH hes been injured so long, end of last season I kept hearing he was nearly back, nearly back, nearly back. Didnt realise we had let him go. Shame really, injuries really prevented him from shining.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You are forgetting the rules that if you repeat something often enough on NSC it becomes fact.

I don't think many people stated it as a fact but merely the most logical reason for him starting every game when his performances didn't warrant it on occasions.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I very much doubt this sort of clause is actually in any loan contract. I haven't seen such a contract (nor has virtually everyone else on here) but it doesn't make sense for a loaning club to agree to that.

Maybe if a player is clearly way above the standard of other players at the club and is coming short term simply to get fit, but certainly no ambitious club would agree to that.

I'm sure the loaning club would agree to a clause saying the loanee will play as often as possible but the manager must make the final decision each team.

I suspect the must-start-every-game clause is one of footballs many myths

How many players contracts have you seen then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Er no. The BIG BELLend here, isn't me.

Bet you've banged Sue as well haven't you? Sue done the rounds by the Steyning boys back in the late 80's early 90's but now married to some Worthing gimp who works for the grave diggers. I remember Sue by her teeth and Sue laying on her back one night welcoming all comers but she had welts around her bush which made us vomit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bet you've banged Sue as well haven't you? Sue done the rounds by the Steyning boys back in the late 80's early 90's but now married to some Worthing gimp who works for the grave diggers. I remember Sue by her teeth and Sue laying on her back one night welcoming all comers but she had welts around her bush which made us vomit.
:ffsparr:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
:ffsparr: Soldier you really are a complete plonker from time to time:rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There might be something in this.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11342419.Albion_want_Lingard_back/?ref=var_0

Albion want Jesse Lingard back from Manchester United.

And their hopes of re-signing the England under-21 international have been strengthened by Lingard’s apparent absence from United’s forthcoming trip to the United States.

Lingard scored four goals in 17 games on loan to Albion last season, including one at the Amex in the play-offs against Derby County, after signing at the end of February.

The Seagulls want the versatile striker back from Old Trafford, on a season-long loan this time, to boost their firepower and wide options.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
My worry is that every time the Arsegas has a story about a player we're supposed to be interested in, the whole thing goes pear-shaped and falls through.

I'd like to have Lingard back and he seemed to enjoy his time down here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I haven't had the pleasure, no. She sounds lovely, though.

It's not Big Belly is it?

The man who got banned from the Amex and got himself a season ticket at Selhurst?

Footsoldier is Big Belly? Explains everything.

[MENTION=21748]Bigbelly[/MENTION] is not banned from here btw. He's welcome to post under his first account any time. Let us know all the pre-season news from Selhurst, and that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here