Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WBA Safe Standing proposal turned down...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Can't speak for others, but I'm far more likely to sing when (a) standing and (b) surrounded by other people singing. Maybe its just me

Me, I'm happy for option b, which I think can create a great atmosphere - it is not a prerequisite that you have to have options a & b together to make an atmosphere!

Obviously personal preference, but not a scientific fact as some on here seem to believe.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
OK then, Just for a laugh, if we had safe standing at the Amex what parts do you think it should it cover?

I think the back half of the North Stand plus the back 5 or so rows all around the ground. It would be a great way of spreading the atmosphere around the ground.

A few more thoughts on safe standing.

• I wonder if sometime had the time and inclination to research the number of deaths in football standing areas since records began compared to the number of people who stood at matches in that time. You could then work out the probability of dying in this way compared to, crossing roads, asteroid impacts, being eaten by ducks etc.

I think there is a fair argument though that football supporters need to get their house in order first. Recently there’s been the City team bus, Amsterdam, West Ham. I’m not surprised a good atmosphere for football fans aren’t at the top of politicians list of priorities.

• I’d rather win the be able to right to drink beer in my seat than safe standing.

This and this before standing becomes a right... :lolol:

Mind you if people could drink at their seats, there would be a lot more people standing, allowing others to get to the bar and to the toilets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here