Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of our players are most likely to be targets of other clubs?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We could have sold 40-50k seats for some games this season, tickets are like gold dust, especially now, so technically we're bigger than most PL clubs anyway. Is there anyone we fancy taking from Chelsea or Everton?

We are not bigger than most Premier League clubs.

If crowds define size, Zamalek are the biggest club in the world and North Korea are the worlds largest international side.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Dunk is the one I'm most worried about losing, however he is also the one we are best equipped to replace given that we have Goldson waiting around who has shown he can compete at this level, and is also a ball playing defender, plus we have Ben White who I am convinced will eventually be a Premier League defender whether that's with us or someone else. I'd say Dunk's 50/50 on staying or going in the summer, he's tied down with us on a decent contract but an offer from the likes of Arsenal may be a difficult one to refuse for both club and him. Who knows, we could have a Burnley situation on our hands where our best defender goes and the replacement already at the club ends up doing an even better job.

I'm less concerned about the likes of Izquierdo, Ryan and Gross however they are also all likely to attract interest. Ryan is good enough for a Top 6 club imo but his interview I read the other week about his fondness for our club and town was a great insight, he's enjoying his football here and with his past experiences at Valencia, he'd know very well that he'd need to carefully contemplate any move. We love him, he loves us, he's in no hurry to leave and I'd be surprised if he did in the near future. Izquierdo has to be our most talented player, we haven't seen the best of him yet which he himself knows, and for that reason I think he'll stay for at least another season to fulfil his potential here. With him now being settled and accustomed to the league, I'm convinced he will cause some serious damage next season should we stay up. There's a few other ones such as Duffy that may be sniffed at a bit, but I'm confident of us being able to keep them, and would be shocked to see us fire selling all of our talent like Southampton have done previously. One or two at most, Chris and Tony know all too well about how important keeping the squad together is, we've seen ruthlessness with the Stephens situation in 16-17 where we could have accepted defeat.

I'd probably be more concerned about the amount of out of contract players that could potentially end up walking away, our HGP numbers will be significantly under what's needed for a full 25 man squad should they all be let go. Rosenior, Krul, and Sidwell surely going puts us on just 5 HGP's and removes a lot of the experience from our squad, and that's assuming Baldock's happy to remain in our reserves for the rest of his contract, plus Goldson will likely either be sold or loaned out if Dunk stays. Could be left with just 3 HGP's when we need 8 for a squad with enough depth, we will not get by next season with a 20-22 man squad. With the potential loss of El Capitan as well, we're looking at a new era for the club and a significant overhaul in the window - need quite a few English players.

One would expect Krul to be offered new terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here