Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What is the smallest hill on which your prepared to die?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Our local grocery store has installed several self checkout registers. The next time a bored cashier comes over and insists on ringing my order in for me I'm going to go ballistic. I am the self serve because I don't want to talk to anyone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People who deem it okay to put their feet all over the seats and fixtures and fittings on public transport. Disgusting.

Intrusive advertising. Next time you’re walking down a High street just have a quick look around. It’s everywhere. Public space could be put to so much better use.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
People continually telling me I should go on holiday to Dubai. ‘You’d love it’ they say. ‘I f£c$ing wouldn’t’ I retort. ‘Nah you totally would’ they argue back!!

I don’t want to share my ‘reasons against’ with people who’ve been there & loved it cos it’ll kill their vibe and I’m not that kind of guy. But human rights atrocities, medieval style slavery & kidnap don’t create happy shiny times where I come from.

I get told to go there so often someone’s gonna get a pen in the neck at some point!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People continually telling me I should go on holiday to Dubai. ‘You’d love it’ they say. ‘I f£c$ing wouldn’t’ I retort. ‘Nah you totally would’ they argue back!!

I don’t want to share my ‘reasons against’ with people who’ve been there & loved it cos it’ll kill their vibe and I’m not that kind of guy. But human rights atrocities, medieval style slavery & kidnap don’t create happy shiny times where I come from.

I get told to go there so often someone’s gonna get a pen in the neck at some point!

I went once. I enjoyed parts of it as we had friends working in an animal rescue centre in the desert, which was lovely. And some of the beach sports were good fun. But the rest? Aside from the things you mention, it's a money soaked, tasteless shithole. There are far better places to go in this world.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
prostrate..( prostate ) a subject rather , aaah forget it , pacific..( specific ) ......that twatt on the motorway who thinks that other road users are there to create a chicagne for his/her amusement , people who blindly walk through a crowded shop , mall , airport furiously fingering their device and expecting all other to look out for them .....people who in busy shops, markets , events just stop without thinking that someone may be walking behind them.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I went once. I enjoyed parts of it as we had friends working in an animal rescue centre in the desert, which was lovely. And some of the beach sports were good fun. But the rest? Aside from the things you mention, it's a money soaked, tasteless shithole. There are far better places to go in this world.

Yep way overrated

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Not a particularly small hill when compared to me screaming 'It's not f**kin Mexico you morons' when everybody arrives at a roundabout together, and nobody moves.

For me I love it when this happens - I take control of the situation to my advantage and make the first move - easy (unless you mean you are behind one of the "morons" in which case aaaaarrrrgggghhh!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To bring the thread back to its original purpose, and in the spirit of not even bothring to read whether anyone else has already mentioned it.....cars that drive from one end of Faversham to the other without once using their indicators.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me I love it when this happens - I take control of the situation to my advantage and make the first move - easy (unless you mean you are behind one of the "morons" in which case aaaaarrrrgggghhh!)

Behind, as [MENTION=6741]jakarta[/MENTION] says I think it's a south coast village thing.

One day I will happily stand on the mini roundabout in question screaming obscenities at those involved, until one of them have to move just to run me over.

I happens so often here we even get x-rated roundabout noddiness.
They all wait then all move forward 6 inches, at the same time, causing them all to stop again.

If I were armed, I'd be dangerous. :lol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do ditches count? Or is it just small hills? I'd die in a ditch about sodding wheely bags that urge me to kick them every single time but not sure it would be the same if a hillock was involved.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
And having people read over your shoulder when on nsc or asking "what are you doing" all the time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'll do a windmill where and when I please thank you very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here