Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough seating/standing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Middlesbro Fc say that stewards have been told to ensure people are in their designated seats if not remove them from the stadium. Will this work? How would they sort out 100 in wrong seats?

Last edited by a moderator:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Middlesbro seating or standing

Middlesbro Fc say that stewards have been told to ensure people are in their designated seats if not remove them from the stadium. Will this work? How would they sort out 100 in wrong seats?
l

Title should read standing but not sure how to correct it.

How do I do it please?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
IF we were to go up I think this is one thing we'd have to accept. I like to find a spot near the back with my mates and we have tickets all over the shop, and usually it's not a problem. But in sold out away ends it is inevitably going to cause one.

My mate is a Southampton fan and insists it makes away atmospheres better because those that want to sing are spread out and it gets more joining in.

The main downside for me would be the issue of standing - either people all get made to sit because there will be people scattered around who want to, or we will all stand up and kids/people who need to sit can't. Simple solution would be club offering preferences when buying away tickets for being allocated nearer the back or front, with the unsaid rule being that if you are near the back you are likely to be standing. But we've said this for years and they've never acted.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Football stadium guides for capacity planning generally say that if it is unallocated seating then the capacity has to be reduced by c10%. This allows for the gaps people leave (singles in middle of rows etc).

If people insist on sitting where they like then in an old stadium like Charlton, you can get away with it as people stand at the back or in aisles etc. However in more modern stadia it's harder to just merge into the background
The boro stewards will likely do anything to prevent much atmosphere from our fans e.g. insist on sitting down, using own seats etc so just accept it and get on with supporting the team

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Charlton away end was fully sold out. Being as in most places people actually stoof up in the half way up the stand bit and around us we had around 4-5 people sharing 2 seats id say not many were in there actual seat.... And all was fine in the world

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In an email answering a question on seating.

They can't exactly say "nah you're alright, sit where you want" for a sellout game.

You might have grassed us up by alerting them to the fact that it might be an issue!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I asked what time the stadium opened in order to get to my seat as neither I nor my brother in law can stand for 2 + hours. They said getting to my seat at any time pre kick off was not a problem etc. As far as warning them goes I am sure their intelligence about away fans would have told them more than any e mail could.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

They're going to remove the seats from the stadium?

No, I get it - 100 people will unscrew the designated seats and swap them with the people in the wrong places.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A game where we might get promoted? Good luck trying to get anyone to sit down!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here