Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think if you read about 20 pages on this thread during the match you'll find I was not alone, in fact it was a chorus of utter disappointment.
Yeah for the first half, as we were poor. We were the better side second half. Look at Huddersfield, Swansea, Spurs, Liverpool, Wet Sham today. We did just fine.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah for the first half, as we were poor. We were the better side second half. Look at Huddersfield, Swansea, Spurs, Liverpool, Wet Sham today. We did just fine.

Couldn't give a f'uck about the others, I only care about us and how inept we were today, yes we won and yes that makes Boro worse than us for not putting us to bed, but we are the Prem side and we showed absolutely nothing. Seriously mate, how long can you go defending these negative tactics before finally breaking down? If I had a full head of hair I'd be tearing it out, that was just the worst team performance I have seen for such a long time, made even more frustrating by the fact that when Jose came on we changed. What am I missing?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said before, just read the comments on here during the game. I give up, if people see that abject performance as a way forward because we managed to bag one at the death, please feel free.
But we're not saying 'wow, all is good now, we've turned the corner', we're just saying we did fine (as opposed to crap, which I think is what you're saying).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But we're not saying 'wow, all is good now, we've turned the corner', we're just saying we did fine (as opposed to crap, which I think is what you're saying).

So you don't think we dished out a bunch of shite?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Couldn't give a f'uck about the others, I only care about us and how inept we were today, yes we won and yes that makes Boro worse than us for not putting us to bed, but we are the Prem side and we showed absolutely nothing. Seriously mate, how long can you go defending these negative tactics before finally breaking down? If I had a full head of hair I'd be tearing it out, that was just the worst team performance I have seen for such a long time, made even more frustrating by the fact that when Jose came on we changed. What am I missing?

Hair? :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Couldn't give a f'uck about the others
Fair enough, but they stand as an example PL teams can't just walk over all opposition.

I only care about us and how inept we were today, yes we won and yes that makes Boro worse than us for not putting us to bed, but we are the Prem side and we showed absolutely nothing.
We didn't put out our strongest team and 'boro were a PL side last season and have strengthened since then, you have to accept that.
Seriously mate, how long can you go defending these negative tactics before finally breaking down?
We've had negative tactics in the PL, but I didn't think the second half was negative today.
that was just the worst team performance I have seen for such a long time
Really? Worse than away to West Brom and Huddersfield? Blimey.
made even more frustrating by the fact that when Jose came on we changed. What am I missing?
Perspective.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fair enough, but they stand as an example PL teams can't just walk over all opposition.

We didn't put out our strongest team and 'boro were a PL side last season and have strengthened since then, you have to accept that.
We've had negative tactics in the PL, but I didn't think the second half was negative today.
Really? Worse than away to West Brom and Huddersfield? Blimey.
Perspective.

We were absolutely shite until Jose came on... so we had what? 10? 15 mins tops where we actually looked like a team wanting to hit the oppositions half? It really is staggering how a goal blinds peoples real perspective of a game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you don't think we dished out a bunch of shite?
Well I got the stream links after about 25 minutes, so didn't see anything before that. For the last 20 minutes of the first half I thought we were poor, but I make allowances for all the changes in our team. How much footy has Baldock played since last season? Same for Skalak and Rosenior. Kayal not much more. Seriously, what did you expect from that lot, better than our first team?

Second half (again allowances as above) I thought we were ok, and the better side once Izquierdo came on.

I don't expect the bottom sides in the PL to be much better than the top sides in the Championship, and certainly not when playing the B side and playing away from home.

Put it this way, before a ball was kicked, 'boro were the favourites. Why do you think that was?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Yeh but we won a game and scored a goal, more positive than losing and not scoring :shrug:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Some people really should go back to supporting their favourite premier league team instead of slagging off a team trying to find its way in our first season of premier league football
Liverpool 1 vWBA3 @73minutes
Oh:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said before, just read the comments on here during the game. I give up, if people see that abject performance as a way forward because we managed to bag one at the death, please feel free. End of, no more from me.

Meanwhile four more posts later.

Have a beer & chill out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It really is staggering how a goal blinds peoples real perspective of a game.
I was disagreeing with you before the goal. Even if it was a draw we'd be having the same conversation, I don't think we were that bad.

On a general note, I agree that people's reviews of performances are completely distorted by the eventual scoreline.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well I got the stream links after about 25 minutes, so didn't see anything before that. For the last 20 minutes of the first half I thought we were poor, but I make allowances for all the changes in our team. How much footy has Baldock played since last season? Same for Skalak and Rosenior. Kayal not much more. Seriously, what did you expect from that lot, better than our first team?

Second half (again allowances as above) I thought we were ok, and the better side once Izquierdo came on.

I expect us to show some willing to go forward, first half stats had us at 1 shot off target, that was it, whole half. This isn't a win or die game, this is a game where we should build moral, make a fu'cking game of it, have a go, not be the shite we are showing at present. We did ok early season by having a go, we garnered our points from having a go. But since we started losing we show nothing, we are scared to express ourselves. We lay down like little puppies and lose timidly to the top six. We are staring at an abyss currently and I really, really thought today was a great day for CH to go out and attack. He showed the same turgid football we have got used to in the Prem. How anyone can find today good, other than the result, is totally and utterly beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here