Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I said earlier that one of you ought to take your case to Trading Standards. They have considerable powers to look into breaches of contract and to punish whoever is at fault be it the club or Seagull Player lot.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well an update on my end, after sending a third email I have now been awarded a refund, I got the message below. Could be worth copying and pasting the email I sent and see what you get back.

Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting Seagulls TV Support support.

Your Seagulls TV subscription has been cancelled and a refund has been initiated.

Please allow 5-7 days for your bank to process your refund.

Regards,
Robert, Seagulls TV Support

This was my third email to them that got this response:

Good afternoon,

I am emailing to get a full refund for my sign up to iFollow. I signed up as I believed this would be a product I could use and was a continuation of the Seagulls Player that I have used for many years. However this is not the case as I have now been made aware of the below:

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Newcastle United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Please contact your club for more information.

Could you please issue me a full refund for this service as this is something I am unable to use?

Thank you!

Josh

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Well an update on my end, after sending a third email I have now been awarded a refund, I got the message below. Could be worth copying and pasting the email I sent and see what you get back.

Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting Seagulls TV Support support.

Your Seagulls TV subscription has been cancelled and a refund has been initiated.

Please allow 5-7 days for your bank to process your refund.

Regards,
Robert, Seagulls TV Support

This was my third email to them that got this response:

Good afternoon,

I am emailing to get a full refund for my sign up to iFollow. I signed up as I believed this would be a product I could use and was a continuation of the Seagulls Player that I have used for many years. However this is not the case as I have now been made aware of the below:

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Newcastle United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Please contact your club for more information.

Could you please issue me a full refund for this service as this is something I am unable to use?

Thank you!

Josh

Pleased it looks like you've got a result, but a simple "Sorry you're leaving us" or "Sorry we couldn't provide the service you required" wouldn't go amiss would it?

The aura of general couldn't-give-a-f*ckedness from this mob is plain to see.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have this complaint in with I Follow and awaiting a decision

Dear Sir

I subscribe to your channel. My e mail is .................................... The service at the start of this football season was appalling, in particular the friendly games where you did not provide the promised coverage. I am contemplating cancelling my subscription unless you can offer something worthwhile by means of compensation.

Regards

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Thought those following this thread (particularly overseas customers) may like to see my exchange with ifollow/Seagulls world via chat help and e-mail: Evening of Barnet game, unable to connect and listen to the match so go to their live chat as follows:

Me: Unable to access videos etc as from today . Please could you advise the date when my account is/was due to expire or is there a technical problem? Ta
ifollow: What is your registered email on your account?
Me.......@yahoo.fr
ifollow: Ok i can see you have a season pass UK for Seagulls TV
Where are you located right now?
Me: Have lived in France last 16 years - where I am now
ifollow: While outside the UK and Ireland, your Monthly or Season Pass will not provide you with access. The subscription is only accessible from the region where purchased.
There is an International Pass but it would not be accessible with a UK-based payment method.
Me: So why has this worked OK for the last 10 years or so that I have had an account? I listened to the match fine last Sat? (Leicester game)
(20 min pause)
Me: Could you advise please? I have never had a problem listening or viewing until today. Just to confirm: I live in France, I pay via a UK credit card and this has been ok for the last ten years or so. Has this changed since last Saturday?
ifollow: yes this has been changed 3 days ago
Me: Great. So what do I do now then ?
ifollow: you will need to purchase a International pass
Me:Before I do that please could you tell me when my UK pass started and is due to expire? Ta
ifollow:18/11/2017 at 11am. I do apologise
Me:Thanks for your time. It is a bit off that your company changes the 'rules' and does not notify me. I will not be renewing my UK pass and I will not be purchasing another package on top of what I have already bought. You've lost yet another customer today, but I appreciate that this is not your fault personally.

(e-mail then sent confirming cancellation)

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 01:53 PM
To:
Subject: Subscription Cancellation
Dear
Thank you for contacting Seagulls TV Support
We’re sorry to see you go.
We have opted you out of the renewal on your annual subscription and you will not be charged again.
Thank you for using iFollow, and we hope to have you back in the future.
Regards,
Seagulls TV Support

Dear
Thank you for your e-mail response
I have two months left on my current subscription which I now cannot use as you have changed the terms and conditions without informing me.
I would have thought that the sensible option, from a business point of view, would be to upgrade me onto the new international package for the remainder of my subscription. You may then find that, now being a happy customer, I might renew my subscription with you.
You owe me two months viewing/listening. If you were really ‘sorry to see me go’ I wouldn’t have to even be suggesting this course of action. It would be done automatically.
I look forward to your reply – whether you have me back in the future is up to your company.
Regards,

No reply as yet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow.

Suspected as such but really ? Terms and conditions have changed on the fly whilst we wait for an apology, offer to extend contract, cancel with refund ?

I may be wrong, but is it just me or have they changed the text on the sign up page ?

.. and I have now noticed that the terms and conditions (albeit the link to more information regarding streaming exceptions) has been changed over the last few days.

It's jaw dropping. These sites are run by the Football League.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The simple fact is there should be ONE subscription for Albion fans, and it should work anywhere in the world, regardless of where the subscriber is based, signed up or is attempting to login. It appears Neulion have very little understanding of what should be in place for Brighton & Hove Albion as a non EFL club. Unfortunately we have no direct link to Neulion and are dealing via EFL Digital. We have made clear to them today in the strongest possible terms:

1. There should be no geographical restrictions to any subscriber, as outlined above. We have been assured that everything will be done to ensure this is removed for Saturday's game against Watford.
2. All subscribers should receive an email from Neulion apologising and asking for those who've had a poor experience to feedback.
3. Those who have had such a experience, should be compensated in the form of two months' free subscription.
4. Those who've requested a refund, and no longer wish to subscribe to Seagulls TV are given a refund.
5. The matchday audio output should be exactly as it was on Seagulls Player, ie the full BBC Sussex coverage of the game - build-up, match, half-time and post-match coverage.

We would like to get back to focusing on creating content for Seagulls TV, with a level of confidence in content delivery. We appreciate things go wrong, and things happen, but quite simply this has not been up to standard - and Neulion need to improve (and fast).

If you have had a poor experience then please ensure you respond to the email (I am awaiting confirmation from the EFLD team as to when this will be sent) and outline your issues (even if they have subsequently been resolved).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
PS - EFL Digitial are also fully aware of this thread!

Let's hope that they don't have any problems when they try to log in.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely just contact Bozza who will tell them they need a foreign subscription ?

And blame the configuration of all of their devices :amex:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]. I think what seriously needs to be considered is a monthly option as other clubs on the platform have.

My thinking at the moment is monthly option plus 2 months extension or full refund.

Anyone else agree ? We should be given the monthly option so we can cancel at anytime.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] - many thanks for the effort you are putting in to this problem and to the other posters on here for persevering and not 'going away'. Good effort all around. Let's hope for a suitable resolution.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] Please can I have a copy of Paul Barbers reply to you please? I have been in dispute with ifollow since the Southend friendly and they are ignoring my emails and letters. The deadline I gave them to resolve the matter has passed so I need to consider my next course of action.

I will happily send you a copy but it looks as though things are now happening. Not sure if my email to Paul Barber was a bit like prodding a wasps nest...punk:

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I just want the f**king thing to work to be honest and to receive the full 12 months I've already paid for.

Flexibility of a monthly payment option would certainly be convenient as long as there was no extra cost to the consumer. The VERY least they can do is offer a two month extension to all customers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now we are friends again, I imagine this is going to be a little complicated to unravel. A few people with quite different problems.

I rely on commentary on the site and I'm only in London. I'm also a bit of a radio addict. I listen to the commentary at the game and hunted down the best mini portable FM radios (made by Sony and out of production) from ebay that work well in the stadium :)

And I do remember "phones"' from the North stand. He still goes !!

I was seriously looking today at

1) Hooking up slingboxes at the family home in Sussex. All perfectly legal so I could transmit the freeview radio sussex commentary to my home in London.

2) Having a powerful FM rooftop aerial installed pointing to Sussex. That's viable because I can detect a weak signal.

Why ? When the commentary works for me...

I'm pissed off being ignored and cut off talking to "ifollow". Quite happy to fork out hundreds of pounds so I don't have to give them a penny more.

I await email.....

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]. I think what seriously needs to be considered is a monthly option as other clubs on the platform have.

My thinking at the moment is monthly option plus 2 months extension or full refund.

Anyone else agree ? We should be given the monthly option so we can cancel at anytime.

I agree, especially as the email from EFL Digital which was sent on 24 April 2017 assured us that: "For those users that subscribe on a Monthly basis by Direct Debit:

- No payment will be processed between 3rd of May and 9th of June
- At the point that your club website is relaunched your service will continue under the iFollow brand with all of the same features and benefits as before.
- Your monthly fee of £4.49 will not increase.

The good news is that you need take no action to continue receiving the benefits of Direct Debit. Please be assured this change will not affect payment arrangements for the service you receive in any way. The only change you will notice is that with effect from 9th of June, we will collect your Direct Debits instead of FL interactive Ltd and therefore our name – EFL Digital Ltd - will appear on your Bank/Building Society statement."

In my case they cancelled the direct debit, and claimed that my payment failed. No one has informed me of a change in their terms and conditions and they are now ignorig my emails.

After I complained I received a refund of the £4.49 - Why would they refund me if my payment had failed?

Since I consider the above to be a breach of the agreed terms and conditions that I agreed to, I issued EFL Digita/iFollow with a default notice - This prompted a leter from EFL stating that the issues raised were being investigated and iFollow would contact me once the matter had been investigated.

I also received an email from supporter services thanking me for copying them in and advising that iFollow would contact me directly. Since then the only email I have received from iFollow was to advise that they had reactivated my account and credited 2 months.

The deadline provided in the default notice expired last week, and I am still waiting for answers.

To my mind iFollow/EFL Digital have no choice other than to reinstate a monthly direct debit option due to the wording in their email.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I said earlier that one of you ought to take your case to Trading Standards. They have considerable powers to look into breaches of contract and to punish whoever is at fault be it the club or Seagull Player lot.

Exactly this.

I appreciate Insiders follow up as above and hopefully it should be resolved to everyones satisfaction.

What is clear legally, is that BHAFC as the 'retailer' for this service holds all responsibility to the consumer.

But as said above it appears the club have finally got to grips with this and we should all have a seamless experience from the Watford game. :)

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I use mainly for commentary as I live away from Sussex and also when abroad. I will be leaving the service if I can no longer get commentary outside U.K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here