Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Natural History Museum in London possible incident.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
People on social media seem to think that cars mounting pavements is a new thing and it is a coincidence that it happened near tourists. Every sodding accident is assumed terror. A couple of years back a car smashed into a shop near my kids' school - someone put car in drive instead of reverse. A few months ago in a town 5 miles away a car mounted curb and hit family. This happened twice in recent history near little old Warwick. Panic takes over. Sheesh.

But a supposedly trained Uber driver?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In the Westminster bridge attack and in Borough they were deemed terrorist related because the beligerants carried weapons and went on to use them.

That's a fundamental difference here in that the alleged perp simply ran away. So I ask "Why did he run away if innocent"?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Only a few days ago a woman went to jail for hitting a family in Kent, whilst drink driving, but unfortunately, when it happens in London or a big city, people think the worst.

I think the incident you are talking about was in Battle, Sussex. The woman drunk driver hit a family out for a morning walk and the car ended up in a cafe. She killed the mother and got a pittance of a sentence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People on social media seem to think that cars mounting pavements is a new thing and it is a coincidence that it happened near tourists. Every sodding accident is assumed terror. A couple of years back a car smashed into a shop near my kids' school - someone put car in drive instead of reverse. A few months ago in a town 5 miles away a car mounted curb and hit family. This happened twice in recent history near little old Warwick. Panic takes over. Sheesh.

Loads of accidents caused by drivers - some elderly would you believe - hitting the wrong pedal or setting on an automatic. Tremendous work by NSC to twist the blame according to their own agenda with zero evidence.

It was an accident. As you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Loads of accidents caused by drivers - some elderly would you believe - hitting the wrong pedal or setting on an automatic. Tremendous work by NSC to twist the blame according to their own agenda with zero evidence.

I notice the BBC were all over this story this afternoon. Can't think why....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the incident you are talking about was in Battle, Sussex. The woman drunk driver hit a family out for a morning walk and the car ended up in a cafe. She killed the mother and got a pittance of a sentence.

Yes, that's the one. A horrible incident.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

I guess what is new is when some non terror incidents occur they are treated as terror incidents which involves dozens of heavily armed police, closing roads and transport etc.

For the general public, in the immediate moments there is panic, and then there is inconvenience and disruption.

In this incident there was initial and widespread panic, then a number of roads plus South Kensington station was closed.

The fact that non terror incidents are reported as non terror incidents should tell you where we are..........and that is far from normal sadly.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Doesn't answer why he legged it? Surely a runner is now a target for the very reasons we've discussed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

I could understand that stance if he was elderly - he wasn't. I could understand it if he was inexperienced but he was a qualified(allegedly) Uber driver. Blimey not a good ad for Uber if true.

Yoda

English & European
Doesn't answer why he legged it? Surely a runner is now a target for the very reasons we've discussed.

Only one eye witness has said they tried to "leg it". If he did it's not like he got very far as he's only a few feet from his car.

More likely those that apprehended him immediately thought (like yourself) it was a terrorist attack, charged him and the poor bloke (already in a state of panic no doubt due to the accident) tries to escape them fearing for his own life/safety.

You hear it all the time with hit & run's where it was truly an accident. They realise what has happened, panic sets in and they flee the crime scene and only when they are home it sinks in and they tell someone/the police.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Incident happened about 10 yards in front of me - I was waiting at the traffic lights to try and cross to where the car mounted the pavement. Definitely panic (and understandably so) from the crowd, the manoeuvre was quite something, definitely not just a small little accident. It was made worse by hitting bollards which to some people a bit further away sounded like gun shots (heard one lady on the phone to the emergency services say she heard guns fired). The response time of the emergency services was incredible though

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I could understand that stance if he was elderly - he wasn't. I could understand it if he was inexperienced but he was a qualified(allegedly) Uber driver. Blimey not a good ad for Uber if true.

Really? what do you need to do to 'qualify' as a Uber driver? I thought all you needed was a licence and a car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here