Who's fault is LoyaltyGate?

• The Club

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • The Fans

Votes: 89 59.7%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

If the club are daft enough to give loyalty points for away cup games at £10 then fans will take advantage of it.

Exactly this, i do not agree with fans doing it though.

But if your going leave a £50 note lying on the floor a lot of people will be tempted.

The club should say we got it wrong and still have a word in the ears of the point grabbers.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
An issue totally of the club's making.

To blame 'the customers' is akin to a teenager throwing a house party and then feeling aggrieved that people they didn't know had drunk all the alcohol they had left out for them and their friends.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Neither. I don't consider the cheating, greedy, devious, point harvesting ******** "fans". And certainly not the club.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There must be several hundred fans who are only just in the first tranche when it comes to away games. Those people were always going to protect their position in the pecking order. To think they wouldn't is incredibly naive.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Neither the club or the fans are necessarily at fault. Yes buying tickets for a game you have no intention of going to, which in turn prevents others from going to, is undoubtedly selfish. But really all this has done, is expose the fact that the loyalty system now needs updating. Instead of finding fault, it would be far better for the club to now look at a better system, perhaps selling 500 tickets at a time with the last 500 on general sale, would mean a fairer spread.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Both to a degree, but it's a storm in a tea cup. Every successful club has more fans than tickets for big games and those who cannot get them are always unhappy. Whatever system operating it will still essentially operate with the same constraints and will have people attempting to circumvent it...

I don't think the fans are unhappy they can't get an away ticket, it is more the fact that some ' fans' who can buy them and then not turn up that pis... them off!

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Some people are selfish and will exploit a system if it gives them an advantage. Whatever the system people will try to take advantage of any flaws.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The jcl’s that have popped up and suddenly think they are entitled to get away tickets tossers if u don’t have enough points tough and barber don’t help by sticking his oar in at every opportunity to smack fans hands leave alone barber and sort this striker issue out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Both the club and the fans are to blame.

Frankly if we hadn't been drawn away to B'muff NONE of this would have happened.

Paul Barber commented on the % of no shows for Barnet at home having been in the region of 20% which the club didn't consider a significant difference from the Premier League average and the league average for us at the Amex and a figure they were comfortable with.

Clearly 50% is by some magnitude a significant difference but would anyone have noticed if it were say Birmingham away and we'd been given 3k AND POTG? Nope.

My one big hope is that the club introduce a sensible sale or return policy for away fixtures.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whatever the system people will try to take advantage of any flaws.

True. So best not leave any gaping holes like giving away points at £10 a pop. Naive.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I am sure that in time the same three thousand fans will have accumulated enough points between them to ensure that no other fans ever get to an away game. That should solve all the club's problems.........let's not worry about anyone else who might like to see at least one away game in their lifetime.
Whose fault is all this? - why the fans of course.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Whatever the system, there is only, at most, 3000 tickets for 23,000 season ticket holders and god knows how many non season ticket holders. Personally, I am not sure what the club can do, but agree those that travelled up to Barnsley, Burnley, Sheffield etc in past years and have a history of holding a season ticket should get precedence. Is it a closed club? Probably this year, but 1st year in Prem was always going to be a problem. I did 15 away trips last year but will be doing pretty much all this year as it is The Premier League as who knows if we will stay up and if we don't, the next time we will be up here!
The club should never have offered 15 pts for a £10 ticket but whatever the system is some will abuse it.
Under the old system, I'm sure the club thought that 1901 members that never went to an away game would start snapping up tickets this year so this is why it changed.
Not sure that any system for away tickets will ever satisfy the majority of the support!

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Both are to blame but the club edge it because they provided the incentive for the system to be abused.

PB is being disingenuous by not even acknowledging that they may have got it wrong for the cup game. They are also now using a sledgehammer to crack a nut bearing in mind there was not a problem at either Watford or Leicester and unlikely to be at Arsenal.

I do think the current system is probably as good as it gets (which is easy as I'm in the top tier) and PB has previously said this is the best of the four systems he has been involved with.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am sure that in time the same three thousand fans will have accumulated enough points between them to ensure that no other fans ever get to an away game. That should solve all the club's problems.........let's not worry about anyone else who might like to see at least one away game....

That is at the heart of the problem the club have created with their design

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am sure that in time the same three thousand fans will have accumulated enough points between them to ensure that no other fans ever get to an away game. That should solve all the club's problems.........let's not worry about anyone else who might like to see at least one away game in their lifetime.
Whose fault is all this? - why the fans of course.

FACup away game higher away allocation therefore an ideal opportunity for the moaners to get to see the Albion away.
Just dont complain that you dont want to go to Sunderland on the first Saturday in January.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here