Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Viktor Gyökeres

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
LOL. Even if we have spent around £50M on players, That's well below average in this league. When clubs in the top half are spending over £30M on just ONE player. And I'm not talking about the man cites and chelskis of this world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
LOL. Even if we have spent around £50M on players, That's well below average in this league. When clubs in the top half are spending over £30M on just ONE player. And I'm not talking about the man cites and chelskis of this world.

At the moment our net spending is way way above average. In fact at £52m or so its 3rd in the league only behind City and United and thats in a year when (today i think) its passed the biggest year ever for spend.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
At the moment our net spending is way way above average. In fact at £52m or so its 3rd in the league only behind City and United and thats in a year when (today i think) its passed the biggest year ever for spend.

Although as we know headline transfer figures are not a good gauge of total cost of ownership. I imagine we'd be much lower in a table of total money committed (fee, signing on, wages, etc.)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Although as we know headline transfer figures are not a good gauge of total cost of ownership. I imagine we'd be much lower in a table of total money committed (fee, signing on, wages, etc.)

Yes. Its just one signal amongst many ways of defining spend/total football costs. Wages are a big chunk.
Although we have also committed this summer to big new contracts for Stephens, Knockaert, Dunk, and Duffy etc.

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
He is not very well known in Sweden. But starting to produce now in Brommapojkarna.

I think Brommapojkarna is the biggest club in Europe in number of players. 4000+ players, which is almost bigger than their fan base :p

They are famous for producing "quality players"...

From Wikipedia (in Swedish) (Bold = National team players or very close to becoming)
Pascal Simpson (tränare BP P16 2008 och fd. AIK)
Tomas Antonelius (tidigare Gustafsson, fd. AIK och Coventry City)
Bojan Djordjic (AIK 2008, tidigare bl.a. Manchester Utd, Glasgow Rangers, Röda Stjärnan)
Nils-Eric Johansson (AIK 2008)
Pablo Piñones-Arce (Hammarby 2006)
Babis Stefanidis (Djurgårdens IF, Brøndby IF, Helsingborgs IF, Malmö FF, Landskrona BoIS, Brommapojkarna sen 2010 )
Cain Dotson (klubbdirektör GIF Sundsvall)
Pontus Segerström (Landskrona BoIS 2006)
Nicklas Carlsson (IFK Göteborg 2008, fd. AIK)
Daniel Majstorovic (Malmö FF, FC Basel, sedan 2008 AEK Aten)
Albin Ekdal (sedan 2008 Juventus)
John Guidetti (sedan 2008 Manchester City)
Ludwig Augustinsson (Sedan 2015 i FC Köpenhamn)
Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Sedan 2015 i Swansea City)
Simon Tibbling (Sedan 2015 i FC Groningen)
Nabil Bahoui (Sedan 2013 i AIK)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

That's because our squad is most likely valued the lowest in the league, an we have A LOT of catching up to do, if we intend to stay in this league.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He must be impressing in training. I think with another year if bulking up and experience he will be immense for us. A natural GM replacement.

TNBA

TTF

It's a squad that is made up almost entirety of players plying their trade in their homeland. Still wjat an honour to represent your country.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here