Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] VPN is it beneficial

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This might be a better option for you if you're able to download the App in the UK and also watch via a VPN ; https://sport.optus.com.au/
Optus in Australia show ALL 380 PL matches 'live' as well as all the Champion League games.
Post-match, 2 minute highlights are shown plus 280 of the games are shown as full replays On Demand and also in 24-minute 'Mini-Match' form.
$15 per month (£8.35), you can watch on Laptop, Tablet or PC via the website or via your Phone.

View attachment 100373

Looks interesting, payment by debit /credit card. Any idea if this would be a problem ( assuming have to run thru an Aussie server)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looks interesting, payment by debit /credit card. Any idea if this would be a problem ( assuming have to run thru an Aussie server)

Definitely better off paying a subscription even on VPN, no lag, no buffering and HD.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

I'm set up to subscribe via PayPal and would suggest you do likewise to avoid any payment restrictions.
If you get blocked attempting to install the App onto your phone, installing it via a mobile VPN should circumvent the issue.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
I'm set up to subscribe via PayPal and would suggest you do likewise to avoid any payment restrictions.
If you get blocked attempting to install the App onto your phone, installing it via a mobile VPN should circumvent the issue.

Good news there is a paypal option. It would be installed on an Android box connected to nice big TV for viewing

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Just get an iptv sub, i get all 3pm kickoffs, every sky channel, all american channels 1000s movies 10 quid a month no vpn needed

Perhaps you could start a thread to compare IPTVs mentioning what to look out for etc (I wouldn't know). There must be a few others on here that use them and could be useful for others.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Perhaps you could start a thread to compare IPTVs mentioning what to look out for etc (I wouldn't know). There must be a few others on here that use them and could be useful for others.

Do your homework before you join one as a lot just disappear. Also check if they have their own dedicated app and what their support is like. Some will just take your money and if you cannot get it to work then tough, if they do that there is not a lot you can do. £50 a year is the most you should pay.
I wouldn't start a thread about it unless you ask Bozza first, he might not like it and I can see why.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I've struggled to download the app here in the UK, even with a VPN running, if anyone has any hints how to get this app here that would be great.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
I've struggled to download the app here in the UK, even with a VPN running, if anyone has any hints how to get this app here that would be great.

I just googled optus sport apk and downloaded it straight to my phone - as a test only. I will not install as it is not the intended device.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just googled optus sport apk and downloaded it straight to my phone - as a test only. I will not install as it is not the intended device.

Is that a google phone app? Might explain why I can’t get it to my iPhone. Daft thing is I had it on my iphone and iPad when I was in Aus last year but deleted them when I got back as didn’t imagine I’d need them, since BT took a bigger slice of the footie, and amazon next season, it might be a good idea to get back on Optus as I have access to an Optus log in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have Nord VPN on both granddaughters laptops and mine but have had to take it off of mine as the message comes up Sky Go cannot be watched outside of the uk. So uninstalled Nord and watching the West Ham v Arsenal game on my laptop and will watch our game on one of the granddaughters.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I have Nord VPN on both granddaughters laptops and mine but have had to take it off of mine as the message comes up Sky Go cannot be watched outside of the uk. So uninstalled Nord and watching the West Ham v Arsenal game on my laptop and will watch our game on one of the granddaughters.
I'm guessing that you've left the VPN on with a non UK country selected. You just need to turn it off.

I use Sky Go from Asia regularly with a VPN.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here