Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls TV Problems Again

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yesterday whilst travelling up from Cornwall to Lancs, my wife drove the last part of the journey so I could watch the Birmingham friendly on my phone. I installed the app but after about 15 minutes, it hung up and even clearing the cache and data did not help as it wouldn't allow me to sign back in. I then used the phone's browser which worked for about 30 minutes, but the idiotic thing then stopped and required a further login which was denied. After multiple attempts, I gave up. Later in the evening I thought I'd use the laptop for the highlights. It would not allow login and advised me to reset my password. I did this but it kept looping back to the login and would not accept the new password.

I am very annoyed about this as I haven't subscribed to Seagulls TV for a couple of years due to similar problems. I had hoped they had sorted things out but it doesn't seem so. I would be interested to hear if my experience follows others here or if I have simply been unlucky.

Here's the transcript from my chat this morning. Apart from removing the block on my account, it was not very helpful. Obviously I have changed the password since. :)

I still have not been able to sign in. This is just unacceptable.
Me
hi
Muhammed
I messaged earlier and did not receive a reply.
good morning!
Me
please log in with the password 123456
Muhammed
thanks, but why was i locked out in the middle of watching the game and then unable to log back in even with a reset?
Me
this can occur when the system detects another device logged in
Muhammed
It is untrue though and seems to be a problem way back from when I used to subscribe. I used the app on my phone and it hung up, nothing would work, so I successfully used the phone's browser for about half an hour and all of a sudden I was locked out. I then used my pc hours later but i was still locked out. This is not acceptable for a service I pay for.
Me
it detected your account logged into different devices
Muhammed
but i have just explained that this is not true. your app stopped working, i successfully used the browser and then it stopped after half an hour. The system used is not fit for purpose as it is detecting the same phone as two different ones. why can't it reset as hours later i couldn't use the laptop and my phone had not been able to ccess the service for hours.
Me
when the app had stopped working were you logged out?
Muhammed
i cleared the data from the app, that would have logged me out. I was then unable to log back in on the app. I resorted to the browser on the phone and it worked for about half sn hour.
Hello?
Me
if the issue occurs again clear your cache and cookies or reset the app
Muhammed
I did that multiple times my friend. I had this problem in the past with the player and hoped very much it would have been sorted out by now. Thanks for your help.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am finding it impossible to sign into my account with Google Chrome, and have to use Firefox.

Is this a common problem?

It seems from the responses so far that the performance is very patchy. I had problems with the app which caused a problem (perhaps) with the website thinking I was using two devices when I switched to chrome. However that was after about half an hour of problem free viewing. Today I have made sure that I am signed out/closed any tabs on my phone and yet on my Laptop, the highlights will stop every few seconds or minutes at best eventually informing me that I am signed in on another device. In my view this is unacceptable for a paid service. I use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Now TV and have also used Sky Go in the past and have NEVER experienced this problem where I am locked out due to the provider, falsely, thinking that I'm using two devices simultaneously.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
I watched the entire match on my iPad. Didn;t have the problem you described, but the viewing was somewhat unsatisfactory because of the following:

- Image quality was not up to the usual standards (and I have 1Gb internet)

- Image would freeze occasionally for a few seconds at a time. Twice the freeze lasted so long that I backed out to the menu and restarted the stream

- The sound of the commentary would cut out sporadically for several seconds at a time

Did anyone else have these same problems, or was it only me?

ps - I was using the Albion App

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I watched the entire match on my iPad. Didn;t have the problem you described, but the viewing was somewhat unsatisfactory because of the following:

- Image would freeze occasionally for a few seconds at a time. Twice the freeze lasted so long that I backed out to the menu and restarted the stream

- The sound of the commentary would cut out sporadically for several seconds at a time

Watched on my iMac and had exactly the same issues as you have stated except the 'freeze'. (200MB Internet)

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
It seems from the responses so far that the performance is very patchy. I had problems with the app which caused a problem (perhaps) with the website thinking I was using two devices when I switched to chrome. However that was after about half an hour of problem free viewing. Today I have made sure that I am signed out/closed any tabs on my phone and yet on my Laptop, the highlights will stop every few seconds or minutes at best eventually informing me that I am signed in on another device. In my view this is unacceptable for a paid service. I use Netflix, Amazon Prime and Now TV and have also used Sky Go in the past and have NEVER experienced this problem where I am locked out due to the provider, falsely, thinking that I'm using two devices simultaneously.

Sorry if you already know this, but I thought I would add this just in case you don't :)

Not too sure about the locked out issue but try doing a continuous ping test on your laptop and see if there are any packet drops:

Press the windows key plus r > then type CMD > then enter the following with out the quotation marks > "ping -t www.google.co.uk" 'notice there is a space either side of the -t

Lookout for any timeouts and high 'ms', for example mine is constantly between 40 and 50ms

You can also try a tracert by pressing the windows key plus r > then type CMD > then enter the following with out the quotation marks > "tracert www.google,co.uk" notice the gap after tracert.

Check the first hop (ms) as that will be your router and if it is excessively high that may mean that there is an issue with your router and try turning it off for five mins to drain all the electricity from it and then restart it and see if it improves.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This post describes some of the same problems I am having. The picture keeps freezing and then unlike you, after a couple of times buffering with a little more play, it locks up and says I'm streaming elsewhere. Why can't this useless company provide a decent service? They've had years to do it, they should employ some of the people who make 'propper' apps as in Netflix etc. I have noticed as well that the app (at least on android) doesn't allow choice of quality whereas the browser does. Why on earth? People on mobiles are more likely to have sketchy reception so the choice should be there to watch in lower quality if that's what they want.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Complained so many times as have to delete app, reset password, turn off iPhone, they say it’s cookie problems, think it’s a very badly designed app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nothing seems to have improved since I cancelled my subscription last season. Definitely a good decision on my part, sadly The Albion lose yet another customer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Complained so many times as have to delete app, reset password, turn off iPhone, they say it’s cookie problems, think it’s a very badly designed app.

This!

Nothing seems to have improved since I cancelled my subscription last season. Definitely a good decision on my part, sadly The Albion lose yet another customer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

And this!
Thought I'd try it again for the friendlies and to watch some of the archive stuff, but even that doesn't work and all that happens is my blood pressure goes through the roof.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Couldn't watch on iPad or phone but watched on desktop

Watched on my iMac and had exactly the same issues as you have stated except the 'freeze'. (200MB Internet)

If anyone is having issues with Seagulls TV, and cannot be resolved through the on line chat, IMO contact Paul Camillin.
Because if these issues do not get resolved before the season kicks off, there's going to be a lot of p!ssed off fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here