Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That is a really condescending and unnecessarily sarcastic response. Has he actually threatened to leave or is it just that you’d like him to?

Why not just let it go, just because he doesn’t agree with you, you could just stop responding if it winds you up that much.

OK I accept BW is up there with the most dissatisfied fans on the striker acquisition but he’s still entiltled to an opinion without basically being told to eff off.

Perhaps if he hadn't spent the last however long telling everyone else to eff off....... ?
Pretty unedifying all round really.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I say it as I see it... angry? or realistic?

I'm not the one who called another poster a prick...
I do agree with you to an extent, but your aggressive language leads you into such situations

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't told him to eff off. I pointed out his hypocricy in threatening to report TSB, when he is very adept at name calling himself. He indicated that fans who think the club is perfect (I don't know a single one who does) are ruining Nsc.
How condescending is that?

Haven’t read the whole thread, maybe I should have done :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No, you miss the point, like all the other idiotic 'club is perfect' posters on here... the recruitment team had one, count them, one key signing to make in the summer, and failed to make that signing... that is fact, and no matter how many of you say otherwise, it can't be changed... keep taking the happy pills, and don't ever take off the rose-tinted glasses... seeing things as they are may cause you do go into shock...

You bitch and moan about transfers every single season regardless of how well we do. Fair play you got it right about the Hyppia session, but since then your apoplectic reaction to any kind of cock up in the transfer market is completely over the top. If anyone tries to add any balance you see it as blindly supporting the club.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
You bitch and moan about transfers every single season regardless of how well we do. Fair play you got it right about the Hyppia session, but since then your apoplectic reaction to any kind of cock up in the transfer market is completely over the top. If anyone tries to add any balance you see it as blindly supporting the club.

Exactly this. It's embarrassing - I can't wait for the transfer window to close so certain fans can go back into hibernation until the next one comes around so they can whinge all over again.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I haven't told him to eff off. I pointed out his hypocricy in threatening to report TSB, when he is very adept at name calling himself. He indicated that fans who think the club is perfect (I don't know a single one who does) are ruining Nsc.
How condescending is that?

Did he threaten to report me? The joy of the ignore button. Well, thanks for sticking up for me :thumbsup:
What a wimpy thing to do! Why not just quietly report me rather than having a public cry about it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody in today.
Obviously none will be singed tomorrow, as The Recruitment Team don't work on the Sabbath.

Means we'll be heading into the last week with a lot of work still to do.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Did he threaten to report me? The joy of the ignore button. Well, thanks for sticking up for me :thumbsup:
What a wimpy thing to do! Why not just quietly report me rather than having a public cry about it.

You would be the sort of low-life who would report someone behind their back then... nice!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Andy Naylor

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
4m4 minutes ago
More
Leo Ulloa nearing a loan return to Albion. Source says close but not done. #bhafc

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Actually, listening to moronic 'the club never do anything wrong' posters like you and your cronies is REALLY what is wrong with NSC nowadays...

I agree with you to a point, its just you do seem very angry at, well a lot of people.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe more out today? Norwood, Ince, Towell and Skalak could have options elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Under the 2 club rule, as Ince and Towell have already played for us in the Carabao Cup, they could only be signed permanently by Bury and Rotherham respectively.

Not sure there is much point ?

Norwood, on the otherhand, may well go if the offer is good enough.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Alfred Finnbogason anyone ?

He’s got a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He’s a poacher and a goal getter. If you expect him to pick the ball up in his own half, dribble past four or five players before curling home from distance you’ll be disappointed.

He completes just 0.9 dribbles per 90 minutes and all of his 11 goals this season have come inside the penalty area, with five of those coming within the six yard box.

He follows play into the area, often ghosting in unnoticed, and benefits from tap-ins and rebounds. It’s an art. Gabriel Jesus is often accused of bringing nothing but that to the Manchester City team, but does it really matter how he puts the ball in the back of the net so long as he’s doing it? The same goes for Finnbogason.

As you can see he’s outperforming this season. The xG ratio – which looks at how many goals he’s scored for every one xG – has him above average when compared to the 22 players across the top five leagues in Europe with 11 goals or more this season.

In a recent feature, we looked at the most clinical strikers in Europe and, in terms of making the most of the chances coming his way, Finnbogason is more clinical than Lionel Messi, Dries Mertens, Romelu Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski and Harry Kane.

We’re not suggesting he’s better than any of those players. He’s just got a better goals per xG ratio than all of them.

Chances in the Premier League are scarce so the teams in a relegation fight need someone not just reliable, but a player who is prolific.

Looking at goals scored per game, of the five aforementioned clubs earlier, only Stoke (1.04) average over one. Swansea (0.62), Brighton (0.70), West Brom (0.79), and Newcastle (0.91) make up the rest of the list.

Furthermore, Finnbogason is actually averaging more goals per game than Swansea and Brighton, albeit his sample size is much smaller. However, it does add context to the numbers.

Chances are scare because shots for these teams are few and far between. Stoke, WBA, Brighton and Swansea all average ten shots or fewer per 90 minutes while Rafael Benítez’s men manage 12.

Augsburg average 14 shots per game, the fifth highest, but there’s generally more of an even spread in the Bundesliga. After all, teams actually try to beat one another.

Finnbogason’s deal runs until 2020 but Augsburg are the sort of the club to sell for the right price.

Premier League clubs, backed by the TV deals, have an abundance of money to play with these days and £10million is no longer considered a large amount. For that price that could bag themselves a player who could well help them climb up the table.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He’s got a knack of being in the right place at the right time. He’s a poacher and a goal getter. If you expect him to pick the ball up in his own half, dribble past four or five players before curling home from distance you’ll be disappointed.

He completes just 0.9 dribbles per 90 minutes and all of his 11 goals this season have come inside the penalty area, with five of those coming within the six yard box.

He follows play into the area, often ghosting in unnoticed, and benefits from tap-ins and rebounds. It’s an art. Gabriel Jesus is often accused of bringing nothing but that to the Manchester City team, but does it really matter how he puts the ball in the back of the net so long as he’s doing it? The same goes for Finnbogason.

As you can see he’s outperforming this season. The xG ratio – which looks at how many goals he’s scored for every one xG – has him above average when compared to the 22 players across the top five leagues in Europe with 11 goals or more this season.

In a recent feature, we looked at the most clinical strikers in Europe and, in terms of making the most of the chances coming his way, Finnbogason is more clinical than Lionel Messi, Dries Mertens, Romelu Lukaku, Robert Lewandowski and Harry Kane.

We’re not suggesting he’s better than any of those players. He’s just got a better goals per xG ratio than all of them.

Chances in the Premier League are scarce so the teams in a relegation fight need someone not just reliable, but a player who is prolific.

Looking at goals scored per game, of the five aforementioned clubs earlier, only Stoke (1.04) average over one. Swansea (0.62), Brighton (0.70), West Brom (0.79), and Newcastle (0.91) make up the rest of the list.

Furthermore, Finnbogason is actually averaging more goals per game than Swansea and Brighton, albeit his sample size is much smaller. However, it does add context to the numbers.

Chances are scare because shots for these teams are few and far between. Stoke, WBA, Brighton and Swansea all average ten shots or fewer per 90 minutes while Rafael Benítez’s men manage 12.

Augsburg average 14 shots per game, the fifth highest, but there’s generally more of an even spread in the Bundesliga. After all, teams actually try to beat one another.

Finnbogason’s deal runs until 2020 but Augsburg are the sort of the club to sell for the right price.

Premier League clubs, backed by the TV deals, have an abundance of money to play with these days and £10million is no longer considered a large amount. For that price that could bag themselves a player who could well help them climb up the table.
Has the same agents as Locadia.

Must be on, or have been on, our radar.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So from the first 3 paragraphs of that write up you are suggesting we buy the Icelandic equivalent of Glenn Murray?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder. Is Dembele still realistic?
Will we get a centre back and let Goldson go on loan?
Will we bring in a midfielder who can create chances?

Ulloa today but who else in the next three days?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I wonder. Is Dembele still realistic?
Will we get a centre back and let Goldson go on loan?
Will we bring in a midfielder who can create chances?

Ulloa today but who else in the next three days?

I heard, (1901 club, Chelsea game) and I've never heard any info before, an ex-player telling his friend that Dembele move is off because he would have to take a 25k drop in wages. Obviously I have no idea if an ex-player is privy to this sort of information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here