Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arrogance and naivety of albion fans

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA

I particularly like the part of your post saying that the perpetrators had clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex,
and then I saw your join date on NSC.
Any coincidence in that ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=1069]byf[/MENTION] - you have always been a decent poster on here but recently I only ever see you sporadically starting negative threads - always negative tbh mate!

I don't think it's arrogance - some are over excited - and have been since before the Fulham game. There were a few taking those tough home games for-granted and the first 25 mins of each game showed how close a run thing it could be - an away goal would have seriously changed both games - I doubt we'd have won 5-1 or 4-1 if it had happened!

But I don't see arrogance as such. Charlton will be tough. Derby will be ****ing tough. Boro will be the hardest game to get a result from in the whole season. Most are aware of this and hopefully, even if we lost in the play-offs, will still see what a great season it's been, despite the disappointment of coming so close...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perfectly natural speculation/excitement/nerves/hopes/fears for the position we are in. Whatever the next few games bring you can't deny we've had a belter of a season so far, all the emotions, highs and lows I hope for in a season with the Albion.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Have I been in a cave and missed something, have we beaten Charlton and Derby already? The way this board looks and other Albion fans feel we already have 6 points in the bag and the arrogance of our lot is frightening and I liken it to when we got the draw at palace in the playoffs with the home leg pending, excitement /anticipation is one thing but being delusional is another entirely......and if I hear the term "all we need to do is win all our games and we're up" I think i'll cry. Now providing there is no insanely high scoring affair at Charlton by us on Saturday doesn't that win all 3 term apply to Burnley and boro aswell?! On top of that anyone who thinks we're going to waltz into the Riverside whilst Boro just roll over when they will most probably need a point or 3 and stroll to victory is off their head and has clearly been a fan since we moved to the Amex!

Now don't get me wrong, we were good in periods against Fulham and QPR, in fact at times we were fantastic but we were also less than average for 43 minutes on Tuesday, has that all been forgotten because the teams that have nothing to play for buckled, in my opinion serve that first half up against Derby and we might not get off so lightly and IF we go behind 28k arses will be squeaking.

Yes we're on a high from two great results & yes this is the closest to dining at the captains table we've been since 1991 but here's hoping our manager and players aren't thinking anything like what the madness I've heard over the past few days.

Each game at a time and that starts with a very tricky trip to a relegated team where we've already been promised a show and fight against the owners, lets hope we don't lose focus!

UTA
What a load of tripe....suggest you go on other boards as its being positive and confident.
You been watching Boro or Burnley lately?
That's what you call good in very very small patches.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Even if we don't win the next three, we're BOUND to win the next three after that. So all good.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How the hell can people think we're arrogant? Just because there's some really crappy, small clubs who have the luxury of sharing the same league as us, doesn't mean we're arrogant.
It's no secret BHA FC are one of the best run football clubs in Europe. Why should we even bother talking about the likes of Burnley or MK Dons when teams like AC Milan and Real Madrid are starting to worry about us. We're really underachieving at the moment, that's all. It annoys me when I still see clubs like Charlton and Derby still on our fixture list. Almost makes you wish the reserves would play instead against these pointless football clubs.

But like I say, we're definitely not arrogant.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
For most football fans, moments of true euphoria are rare - love it while we can - it's what it's all about! This is no time to be rational.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
From some fans I think the former applies. Hopefully most of us know the victory in any game isn't assured. Right now I'd happily take a 1-0 on Saturday.

I think that's a fair comment, I just hope it's a only minority who feel that way.

As Charlton have nothing to play for i think we have a good chance of taking three points however we will do well to take a point at Derby but i cant see us getting anything at Boro,thinking of three wins in a row
is a very long bet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=17018]Westdene Wonder[/MENTION] does make a very good point. Which reminds me, has anyone seen any cheap train deals to Derby? And which pub are we all meeting in for a drink? Is it POTG? Will everyone be in their own allocated seat?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

UTA

I'm coming late to the party but, wow! If there were still thumbs down you'd have a good chance of being top of the 2016 chart.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just watch this place implode if we drop a point.

Personally I think the defeat (thrashing) against Cardiff will cost us very dear - even more than it seemed at the time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What's all this 33 years of hurt stuff?

In that time, we've won 3 titles and a play-off final victory.

Not bad for a team who classify that period as their dark days.
I started watching the albion in 1983 in League Division 1, the Premier League equivalent.

The hurt of that relegation hasn't yet been put right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here