Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we show some respect for Wayne Rooney?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure whether it's Rooney or the clowns who claim he's world class I pity the most.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just given him £200. Great bloke. Knocked on the door and promised he'll come round in the morning and clear the gutters, do a bit of pruning, collect the autumn leaves and check me Gran's front and back garden are both in order.

It's the last bit I'd worry about.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
there is not a thumbs down option big enough to reply to that comment

Everton will be a different side with Rooney playing, just as Palace are with Zaha playing.
Like them or not, they usually have a say in how the result goes.........................would love to be proved wrong on Rooney's side though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At the risk of being small minded I'd like to jump to the defence of the preceding poster. It's not that I don't acknowledge his career achievements. I simply do not like the man, pure and simple. As regards his South Africa antics, it was his cussing out England supporters after the goalless draw with Algeria that finished off my support of the national team. While we shouldn't simply assume that "minor" nations will roll over for us, it was the lethargic nature of the display that led to the team being booed off the pitch. Some of those supporters had likely paid a considerable proportion of their disposable income to follow the team and had been served up a display completely lacking in passion or guile. Rooney utterly failed to comprehend that dismay and dismissed them like a petulant child. For his pugnacious disregard of dedicated followers he can jolly well do one.

I wouldn't go as far as to boo him. I'd just choose to ignore him and follow my own club.

I don't take issue with a single word of that.

My issue was with the remark that he "couldn't give a toss" about playing for England. Whether you like the bloke or not, he clearly could.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
No, no we can't show even the slightest bit of respect for a player who is going to be doing everything he can to score against us. F**k him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just wondering if this still applies...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d seen Rooney play live twice before today, both for England and both around a decade ago. He really is not even half the player he was.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He got Dunk booked and could have deliberately missed the penalty- its a no for me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nicely taken penalty but Waynes world seems to consist of moaning when on the pitch judging by todays exhibition ......currently Dunk has more class about him.

IMG_4285.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here