Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Perhaps some of his activists want the moderate out.

An interesting piece on the radio this week stated that people have Corbyn and his faction's no.1 goal wrong. All his political life, more than disliking Conservatism and free enterprise, his struggle is and remains against middle class moderates who he feels have bullied their way to control the Labour Party for many decades. A party that in his eyes is there to fight for the working class and trade unionists..

That shows a remarkable lack of self-awareness then given that he was put into power by urban A and B classes, his power base is the North London chatterati, he was championed by upper middle class types like Meacher and Benn and surrounds himself with ex-public schoolboys as advisers.

And he has a major lack of appeal with a lot of traditional working-class voters to the point that that the Welsh Labour Party, Manchester mayor and many Northern candidates have distanced themselves from him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a Corona that happened to be in the fridge whilst my cider rapidly chills in the freezer. A variety of snacks, both sweet and savoury, within reach and a 6-pack of Tesco's not-Red Bull there to help perk me up when required. I don't like coffee so that's not an option for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We need to try and keep the through the night in one place. Tempted to close all election threads and leave the main one open.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know right? It's well fun taking the mick out of someone with a serious long term illness, rumoured by many to be early onset dementia.

Has this been confirmed? Thought not. Carry on everybody.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I try to avoid both the Sun and DM at all times and they may well have got worse but because they've now become almost like a cartoon hate figure, I kind of zone out when they get criticised. I think maybe I need to rethink that. The Express is another thing altogether. Is it even a newspaper anymore? It seems to be nothing but apocalyptic weather, Maddie McCann and Princess Di conspiracies.

i do think they have a lot to answer for when it comes to folks c-wording tories lee, the front pages today (as well as many previous election days) are appalling and hate-filled i'd say. once the inevitable happens overnight, i'd just hope they'd be more respectful, but no hope of that

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We need to try and keep the through the night in one place. Tempted to close all election threads and leave the main one open.

One thread will be easier in the wee small hours as concentration inevitably flags :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Free money out there at amazing odds. Corbyn now at 25/1 to be PM. Grab some of it before the shock of the 10pm exit polls.

His odds were as short as 3/1 this morning:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.oddschecker.com/m/insight/politics/20170608-general-election-jeremy-corbyn-proving-a-popular-bet-this-morning.amp

9/2 at Paddy Power. If someone's offered you 25s I'm assuming you've lumped on massively. Strange odds to give on a 2 horse race when they're still parading round the ring. Almost like it's a bit bent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always stay up for these and the Referendum, not working the next day, going back years.

Every time I say I'll only stay up until 1 to get a giste, but one result and skirmish in the studios leads to another.

This time I'm relaxed that I will simply not sleep.

A lot of TV channel surfing throughout. Last time Bill Bradley on normally cheapskate ITV was surprisingly bloody good. He's with Osborn and Balls tonight.

This time I also want to look at the overall result percentages versus the wildly disparate pollsters. The TV media and Guardian have obsessed with YouGov and Survation virtually leading Corbyn to No.10 as part of a coalition.

We're about to find out!!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Absolutely. I'd keep this one running for news, views and analysis as events unfold and temporarily lock all others.

Strap yourselves in - T minus 9 minutes....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
9/2 at Paddy Power. If someone's offered you 25s I'm assuming you've lumped on massively. Strange odds to give on a 2 horse race when they're still parading round the ring. Almost like it's a bit bent

There's no 25-1 out there for general punters.

There may be one of the new customer offers that the likes of Coral like to do, but stakes will be severely limited and, as I say, new customers only. 15/2 at Betfair currently.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's no 25-1 out there for general punters.

There may be one of the new customer offers that the likes of Coral like to do, but stakes will be severely limited and, as I say, new customers only. 15/2 at Betfair currently.

I'm sure you're right. [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] must have been mistaken. Or surreptitiously selling something on NSC. Or on a wind up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here