Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SPOTY 2016 Betting

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Bale will win it and Wales the team prize due to nationalistic voting patterns - unless a jock comes good in the Olympics / Murray wins Wimbledon plus the singles and doubles at Rio.
With the wide field offered to the public, English voters will largely be split on the lines of their favoured sports, whilst the people in the other home nations are likely to get behind their own regardless of whether they have ever seen them do their stuff.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
11/1 gets my vote

untitleda.png

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Can get Murray at 13/8.

Think I'll be sticking on that, especially as he could be the world number 1 by the time SPOTY happens.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I would think Murray is nailed on.

I'd agree, but for me he needs to start scoring goals away from the Amex, not just at home.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think my Mo EW bet is looking pretty good for a modest return, but if Murray ends up world #1, adding to Wimbledon and retaining the Olympic title, then Mo has his work cut out to make me some proper money.

Shame really - there can't be too many sportspeople who have won 5 World titles and double double Olympic golds in a (reasonably) major sport and not won SPOTY.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Gareth Bale for me.
Outside bet on Ben Stokes at 474/1 after we win the upcoming Indian Series 4-0 @250/1 with multi man making up for lack of English spin and smashing the ball all over the sub continent.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Nooo way Murray. Already won it last year and has won it 2 in 3 years. Is he going to keep getting it every time he wins Wimbledon ffs

Mo has to be the winner. I was surprised he did't win in 2012 but after the double double has to be Mo... Usain as international winner.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Murray update:

As everyone knows, he will be world #1 if he wins this tournament and Djok doesn't make the final.

Djok is currently a set down to Cilic in his current 3 set match...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Why is "Mad Dog" Maddie Hinch not on the list. Her performance in goal for the GB woman's team at Rio was nothing short of amazing and she is from West Sussex to boot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think my Mo EW bet is looking pretty good for a modest return, but if Murray ends up world #1, adding to Wimbledon and retaining the Olympic title, then Mo has his work cut out to make me some proper money.

Shame really - there can't be too many sportspeople who have won 5 World titles and double double Olympic golds in a (reasonably) major sport and not won SPOTY.

Nooo way Murray. Already won it last year and has won it 2 in 3 years. Is he going to keep getting it every time he wins Wimbledon ffs

Mo has to be the winner. I was surprised he did't win in 2012 but after the double double has to be Mo... Usain as international winner.

Mo won't win it. Not a chance. The Salazar stuff will see to that. tainted in a few too many's eyes to poll enough votes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here