Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43835664

The decision to destroy the landing cards for Windrush migrants was taken under Labour, former home secretary Alan Johnson has said.

Asked if he knew about the 2009 decision, he told the BBC: "No, it was an administrative decision taken by the UK Border Agency."

The clue's in the quote - if Labour didn't know about the decision, how's it got anything to do with the previous Labour government?

It only became an issue after Theresa May changed the rules in 2014. Everyone who's followed the situation closely knows this. I'm sure you do to, but you can't put your pathetic party politics aside for one minute to admit it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It isn't hard... just look at the posts before this one.

It isn't hard. Just unmerge the threads.

What made you think that a thread exposing (allegedly) a man prepared to lie about being a veteran of mt. Longdon seeking public office and a thread about the disgraceful treatment of West Indian migrants being the same topic.

Who, apart from someone motivated by politics, would want to blur those two? One is related to a small ward in Sussex, the other a national scandal.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

That doesn't exclude the possibility that people may have posted on this thread about it before you merged the threads though, does it?

Anyway, before that post it appears only two people made reference to it - ManOfSussex and ThunderBolt - not the seven that you stated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why did you and 7 others post about it on this thread then? before the new thead was started this morning.

#growup

More like YOU being a smug little cock yet again. No reason whatsoever to merge the threads FFS.

It isn't hard. Just unmerge the threads.

What made you think that a thread exposing (allegedly) a man prepared to lie about being a veteran of mt. Longdon seeking public office and a thread about the disgraceful treatment of West Indian migrants being the same topic.

Who, apart from someone motivated by politics, would want to blur those two? One is related to a small ward in Sussex, the other a national scandal.
Spot on.

Unmerge the threads [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION].

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
More like YOU being a smug little cock yet again. No reason whatsoever to merge the threads FFS.

Spot on.

Unmerge the threads [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION].

There is a reason mate. His politics.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Titanic. You should go and moderate on the Burnley boards. They love defending the indefensible too.

This makes you look like a fool mate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m betting yr right. They take ages to be shipped from China to.

Unfortunately, some of the families are selling genuine medals on Ebay as the veterans die off. The WW2 medals were so numerous, they didn't have names engraved on them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was worth a separate thread imo. The Conservative candidate is lying about serving in the Falklands, which is nothing to do with Windrush. The only reason it was mentioned on the Windrush thread is because it is in Hastings, and another Conservative caught out in lies.

Sorry [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION], you are wrong on this issue. Pleas unmerge.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And don’t forget when he changed this thread title to try and make a joke about the Windrush situation. About time he either quit as a Mod or was removed

You’re wrong on that.

In addition [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] carries out his mod duties with impartiality IMO. He’s a proud card carrying Tory and doesn’t dent it. Whilst I don’t share his political views I do think he is an excellent mod and is entitled to post whatever he wants as are all members of NSC provided they are within the rules.

As for merging threads, seems a good idea to me. I’d be more than happy for there to be one overarching politics thread on NSC where people can play Punch and Judy to their heart’s content without cluttering up the board with name calling and petty point scoring.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
eh? You just made that up didn't you Ernest?

Still, don't let facts get in the way of your VITRIOL.

Made up the fact that the thread title got changed? No he didn't. Read from post #514 onward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As for merging threads, seems a good idea to me. I’d be more than happy for there to be one overarching politics thread on NSC where people can play Punch and Judy to their heart’s content without cluttering up the board with name calling and petty point scoring.
Bollocks, it was a completely separate thread. Stop arselicking Titanic. He's a shit, smug mod and he's completely wrong here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
You’re wrong on that.

In addition [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] carries out his mod duties with impartiality IMO. He’s a proud card carrying Tory and doesn’t dent it. Whilst I don’t share his political views I do think he is an excellent mod and is entitled to post whatever he wants as are all members of NSC provided they are within the rules.

I think YOU are an excellent mod. I think Titanic is wrong but you do have to stick together I guess.

I can't think of another time recently where two totally unrelated threads, one about societal racism, the other about some local council candidate in Hastings pretending to be a soldier, for example would be merged.

We've got three threads about Booonley and Bong...merge them, three about Man Utd, merge them. They're at least about the same frigging thing. Do you see the error in your logic?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The only reason to merge these threads was the word "Tory"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here