Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like the Worthing activity is fading, as the wind direction has changed to a little more Easterly.

What that does mean is that the Eastbourne / Hastings area might see heavy snow now, as the showers roll along the coast.

We'll have to see what comes of the stuff in the North Sea later.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Yoda

English & European
Well, glad to say I've made it back home safe and sound from a night of playing darts at a pub in Tarring.

We drew 5-5 if anyone is interested. I lost in the trebles and doubles I was involved in (had chances to win but my doubles failed me), but made up for it bt winning my singles match 2-0 only needing 3 or 4 darts (combined) at both doubles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We drew 5-5 if anyone is interested. I lost in the trebles and doubles I was involved in (had chances to win but my doubles failed me), but made up for it bt winning my singles match 2-0 only needing 3 or 4 darts (combined) at both doubles.

It was the result I've been waiting for - thanks for filing the report. I can sleep easy now.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The colder / more unstable air arrives after 2am, so I'd expect things to liven up from then on.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
East Worthing just missed out on the last shower according to the radar. That's it for a little while I think. Cant stay up all night. Thanks for the info Papa and others.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The colder / more unstable air arrives after 2am, so I'd expect things to liven up from then on.

What: more snow?

I have around 2cm on the ground currently: if I'm going to wake up to a good few inches, then please do tell me, so I have time to get excited.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dare I mention newhaven

I think Newhaven is likely to get some more probably light stuff on the edge of the showers clipping Eastbourne heading WSW into the Channel... IF / When is livens up later, anywhere locally could get something, but the Met Office Warning (which doesn't start until 2am only covers a central zone, mid Sussex NEwards.

Warning.png

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What: more snow?

I have around 2cm on the ground currently: if I'm going to wake up to a good few inches, then please do tell me, so I have time to get excited.

How many inches do you need to get excited?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Heading to sleep now, hoping to wake up to eight inches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here