Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris wood

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldn't we be talking to Chelski abput loaning us Tammy Abraham for the season ? See what he does against us at the Amex. Lots of goals in a poor side. Would make sense for Chelski to help us possibly take points off their competitors in the top 6.

Wow that's a leap.

Chelsea looking for Brighton to help them retain the Premier League trophy.

Nurse another ones got out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you watch the Albion at Withdean?

Murray was a class act, followed by young Barnes who scored a hatful of important goals from the moment he joined us. At Withdean, NO ONE ever slagged off Barnes. That started when a noisy minority seemed to dislike him at Amex, and has continued with jealousy of his PL status. Woods did well, then fell away and wasn't the fittest. No one whinged when he left. He's taken to mature, and is now producing the goods it seems every game.

Mr Burns was slagging off Barnes on Nsc long before we moved to the Amex. Not even League One standard was his cry.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My leeds supporting brother in law reckons it would take north of £25mil, which is probably true in today's crazy market.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don't get your point in reference to my post? Their whole gameplan is totally built around Wood, hence why he is scoring so many goals.. he didn't get the service for 94 minutes yesterday, hence they struggled. I didn't say he was a 'League One player' or say he was shit or anything similar, just that I don't think he would do as well in a team that doesn't adapt their style to suit him.

Ok. Your qoute was
"Leeds were so poor yesterday 1 because they've built their entire team and gameplan around getting balls into the box for him to head 2 in and they struggled to do so against decent full backs. It's worked to an extent this season 3, but they are very one dimensional. He wouldn't be as effective in any other team. 4 No from me."
1, they were playing at Newcastle, who are chasing us for the title, and were of course on the back foot. They went for a point and got one, which is one more than we have managed this season
2. He scored with his foot in the match, his first goal this season was an overhead kick, etc
3. Worked to an extent? They are 5th in the league, in the playoffs with 4 games to go
4. In any other team? Of course he could, in the EPL is the question

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok. Your qoute was
"Leeds were so poor yesterday 1 because they've built their entire team and gameplan around getting balls into the box for him to head 2 in and they struggled to do so against decent full backs. It's worked to an extent this season 3, but they are very one dimensional. He wouldn't be as effective in any other team. 4 No from me."
1, they were playing at Newcastle, who are chasing us for the title, and were of course on the back foot. They went for a point and got one, which is one more than we have managed this season
2. He scored with his foot in the match, his first goal this season was an overhead kick, etc
3. Worked to an extent? They are 5th in the league, in the playoffs with 4 games to go

4 In any other team?

Not really. Millwall ok, Leeds ok, but not the others.

2009–2013 West Bromwich Albion 21 (1)
2010 → Barnsley (loan) 7 (0)
2010–2011 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 29 (8)
2011–2012 → Birmingham City (loan) 23 (9)
2012 → Bristol City (loan) 19 (3)
2012 → Millwall (loan) 19 (11)
2013 → Leicester City (loan) 1 (2)
2013–2015 Leicester City 52 (12)
2015 → Ipswich Town (loan) 8 (0)
2015– Leeds United 76 (38)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
4 In any other team?

Not really. Millwall ok, Leeds ok, but not the others.

2009–2013 West Bromwich Albion 21 (1)
2010 → Barnsley (loan) 7 (0)
2010–2011 → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 29 (8)
2011–2012 → Birmingham City (loan) 23 (9)
2012 → Bristol City (loan) 19 (3)
2012 → Millwall (loan) 19 (11)
2013 → Leicester City (loan) 1 (2)
2013–2015 Leicester City 52 (12)
2015 → Ipswich Town (loan) 8 (0)
2015– Leeds United 76 (38)

The statement was he wouldn't be effective in any other team which is patently not true given those stats. Getting to the right age and experience. I remember him getting a slatting by some when he was with us but he was what, 18 or so, and his stats with us for a young inexperienced loanee were pretty good. No Zamora though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The statement was he wouldn't be effective in any other team which is patently not true given those stats. Getting to the right age and experience. I remember him getting a slatting by some when he was with us but he was what, 18 or so, and his stats with us for a young inexperienced loanee were pretty good. No Zamora though

He did well with us until he went on international duty. When he came back, he couldn't be bothered.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He did well with us until he went on international duty. When he came back, he couldn't be bothered.

I don't remember his time in those halves but i do remember many werent impressed with his work rate. Argus ran an article last month quoting the legend that is Inigo

His former team mate Inigo Calderon, now living and playing in Cyprus, said:
“He was a humble boy. I liked that very much because he was a player with a bright future coming on loan from the Premiership but he had his feet on the floor. He was not the typical young player who thinks he is already a star.”

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ok. Your qoute was

1. Did you watch the game? I can only assume you didn't if you think they 'set up for a draw and got it'. They got totally outplayed.

2. ..both from crosses into him?

3. Well they're not finishing top two, are they?

4. This is the only season he has been really prolific. It's a matter of opinion whether you think he would score as many goals in a team like Reading, Huddersfield or ours, who play totally differently to Leeds.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

It wasn't, it was that he wouldn't be as effective. He hasn't scored goals at this rate at any point in his career. That may just be because he has developed his game, but seems to me that it's down to the way Leeds utilise him.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think I would rather see Tammy Abrahams on loan than pay 10 million for woods. Not because I don't rate him (25 goals says enough about that) but because I think we should keep most of the current squad and fillout with some good loanees rather than spend loads of cash on risks. Tomori being another loanee to get in.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
1. Did you watch the game? I can only assume you didn't if you think they 'set up for a draw and got it'. They got totally outplayed.

2. ..both from crosses into him?

3. Well they're not finishing top two, are they?

4. This is the only season he has been really prolific. It's a matter of opinion whether you think he would score as many goals in a team like Reading, Huddersfield or ours, who play totally differently to Leeds.

Ok, lets go again. Only do the first one
You "Leeds were so poor yesterday because they've built their entire team and game plan around getting balls into the box for him to head".
As i said they were playing away against one of the top teams etc. It doesnt take much to realise they were on the back foot given the team they were playing against and where they were playing. They did not get outplayed because they set the team up for Wood. That Sir is, well, a nonsense. They got the point they wanted, a great result. The goal was a really good one too, Wood was prolific in his conversion ratio in that game. and with his foot. I enjoyed watching very much.

I will leave it there

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ok, lets go again. Only do the first one
You "Leeds were so poor yesterday because they've built their entire team and game plan around getting balls into the box for him to head".
As i said they were playing away against one of the top teams etc. It doesnt take much to realise they were on the back foot given the team they were playing against and where they were playing. They did not get outplayed because they set the team up for Wood. That Sir is, well, a nonsense. They got the point they wanted, a great result. The goal was a really good one too, Wood was prolific in his conversion ratio in that game. and with his foot.

I will leave it there

'Leave it there' after failing to justify any point you made and taking what I posted out of context after making out I was an idiot for my opinion... Nice one :moo:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
You dont get as much as you might think for £15m for a striker these days. I'm not a football tactics expert just a fan, but it seems to me that Wood has done really well in an average team. He's clearly grown up since he played for us, so criticisms then are unfair and irrelevant. Whether he could be right for us now depends on things I can't easily judge. How would he fit into the style of football Chris Hughton wants to play next season? On the face of it if he wanted him I'd trust CH with up to £15m for Wood. However he's so important to Leeds that I think it might cost that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here