Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
His career with Brighton has really been on a knife-edge for a while now. He's obviously looked desperate to score, to contribute to our success, for quite some time, I'm thinking for example about that despairing lunge at Stephens' volley up at Blackburn and seemingly not as excited to celebrate Dale's goal as everyone else. The penalty at Fulham was really crucial, and possibly career-defining, having grappled the ball off Murray, if he'd have missed it would have been awful for him individually...... tonight was similar, the chance he missed having been given the opportunity to lead the line on his own could have set him back so to eventually score tonight, the winner as well, was really important. I wouldn't be surprised if he now goes on and scores a lot more the rest of the way

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was again reminded how good Hemed is on the ball. Strong, can turn a player (not just for the goal) good passing.

Also his goal scoring record is not that bad for us, 1 in 3. Given his chances have been cut to sub appearances largely this season that IS a good record.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hemed and Duffy were my 2 MOTM last night.

Considering the amount of football he has had, and the lack of support for large parts of the game he did very well.

You won't see a better back up striker in this league, it does not seem right to call him that given his goal record and quality he has.

Also wont have done Murray any harm to have another extended break, he will come firing for Huddersfield hopefully :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmm. Great goal which lets him off but not a patch on Murray.

I'd be worried if we were relying on him for the rest of the season.

Lets him off what? Your criticism?

I was again reminded how good Hemed is on the ball. Strong, can turn a player (not just for the goal) good passing.

Also his goal scoring record is not that bad for us, 1 in 3. Given his chances have been cut to sub appearances largely this season that IS a good record.

Exactly. Hemed is a good player.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not sure that squandered the right word: he had to stretch for it. I thought he was more annoyed because Knocky was giving him an earful and he realised that he should have left it.

But what a strike that was, nearly took McGregor's hand off - one of the goals of the season

Murray would have saved it :bigwave::bigwave:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I actually think with his attributes that he may do better in the Premiership than he has done in the championship

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I actually think with his attributes that he may do better in the Premiership than he has done in the championship

To be fair, all of our squad would look better playing in Scotland.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS you people do realise you're talking about the fella who scored 17 goals last season, while being dead horse flogged in every game.

He's now scored 22 (or 25) in 65 games, and most of you are talking like he's Leon not the Best who's amazed us all with an adequate performance.

Tomer has been fookin brilliant for a season and a half, and fantastic value for money.
Stop being so patronising.

It's ok to like Murray and Tomer.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Great professional, does give his all. I am sure he looks faster this year. When he has come off the bench he has showed excellent pace at times. What a strike, great turn and in. His first touch does need work, he did lose the ball a few times as a result of this last night and has through the season. What a team, we have, this is Dreamland.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's often said that 'Murray would have scored that' when Hemed misses a glit-edge chance, but yesterdays goal was very Hemed. Not something Murray would have scored IMO.

:goal:

So pleased for Tomer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here