Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REPORT: Albion 5 - 0 Norwich

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not sure if been said but if you want a laugh listen to canary call on BBC radio Norfolk after the match great listen from their view point try not to laugh to much not sure how to post link

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not very neutral, and a bit of wallowing in Norwich's misery. Doubt they will be showing this on their message board, but I enjoyed it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
"Pritchard's name was booed as the teams were announced, and he was jeered every time he touched the ball, thereafter. It's a dangerous game for home fans, such abuse. So often it inspires the target to ram it down your throat. Not Pritchard though - he was shit."
I thought this paragraph was pure genius:lolol:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Not sure if it's been mentioned else where but thinking about it, Saturday's match actually feels like a seven pointer! Had Norwich won 1:0 it would have been be a 6 point swing in their favour with both teams on 8+ goal difference. As it is, it is a 6 point swing to us with a goal difference of 12 between the teams, +2 and +14, which is almost as good as another point!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks all.

For anyone who can't be bothered to READ it, I'd still recommend that you take the time to watch the highlights at the very end. These are from a Norwich site, and the commentary is MOST satisfying :thumbsup:

The commentary doesn't sound real to me. It's like they've dubbed it on the high (low?) lights afterwards.

Still funny in any case :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure if it's been mentioned else where but thinking about it, Saturday's match actually feels like a seven pointer! Had Norwich won 1:0 it would have been be a 6 point swing in their favour with both teams on 8+ goal difference. As it is, it is a 6 point swing to us with a goal difference of 12 between the teams, +2 and +14, which is almost as good as another point!

I'm being picky here, but why do so many people consider a better goal difference worth another point? It isn't. If we are +25 better than them but they get one point more than us, they finish above us, not level. So more accurately, a massive goal difference swing is worth HALF a point, not a full one.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I'm being picky here, but why do so many people consider a better goal difference worth another point? It isn't. If we are +25 better than them but they get one point more than us, they finish above us, not level. So more accurately, a massive goal difference swing is worth HALF a point, not a full one.

We missed out on GD last season

Q. How many more points would we have needed to go up?
A. 1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We missed out on GD last season

Q. How many more points would we have needed to go up?
A. 1

Half a point would have done it which, as I say, is the same thing as a superior goal difference. As it was, Middlesbrough got that extra half point because their GD was better than ours.

The point is, a superior GD is not worth an extra point. If Norwich finish with 90 points on +10 and we finish with 89 points with +25, they finish above us.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I'm quite happy to acknowledge the whopping swing in GD as worth no more than 0.000000000000001 of a point .... but the *******s will still need a whole one to overtake us :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here