Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Forest on Sky SIX times between start of season and 6th November

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Obviously the right answer is that their past success created a generation of football fans who are interested in them. People who, because they were big during a formative time, view them as such still and will want to watch them. I view the teams that were in the top division when I was a kid, the ones getting most of the attention in footie magazines and photo albums, and newspapers etc. are ones I still view as big. As long as West Brom have been in the premier league of late, I still view Norwich and Coventry as bigger teams because they were when I was younger. I would also say for that reason I would view Leeds and Forest as bigger teams than Hull or Fulham.

Having said that, I think if other teams were given more time, they would build an audience as fans grow familiar, get a chance to know the team etc. and they would then draw bigger audiences, and it would probably be in Sky's interest to make as many teams appealing as possible.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is no such team in the football league as Notts Forest, there is Nottingham Forest and Notts County both teams get upset if Forest are called Notts Forest by as they describe it the ignorant ones.
However 99% of football fans call them that and what's more don't care. Shall we all stop so that their poor, poor feelings won't be hurt?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must be in the 1% as I have never called them that perhaps it is what I was brought up with, It has always been Notts County and Nottingham Forest. Incidentally I do not know of one person who doesnt call them by their right name

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We also had our last league game of Oscar's season broadcast live - oh, against Forest :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyway, I'd rather their games were mucked about with than ours. Whenever we're on Sky its ALWAYS a pigging home game. We never get shown when we're away at some godforsaken northern grief-hole that I had no intention of going anywhere near. That's what macks me off.

Massive big fat THIS. The less we're on the tellybox, the more Saturday 3pm kick-offs we get, when football SHOULD be played.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would be nice to be continually un-appreciated and 'under the radar' - as long as we don't collapse :)

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
At least unlike that other team that are always on Sky, they have actually been the Champions of Europe twice.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I must be in the 1% as I have never called them that perhaps it is what I was brought up with, It has always been Notts County and Nottingham Forest. Incidentally I do not know of one person who doesnt call them by their right name

It is childishly amusing to get it wrong to Nottingham folk on purpose.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just how ones Sky justify showing Notts Forest six times? Yet the better teams, a Hull, Ipswich, ourselves, hardly get a look in.

Who is this team, never heard of them, are they a MLS team.

But anyway not being on sky or bt sport is brilliant as it means proper KO time on proper football days.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Who is this team, never heard of them, are they a MLS team.

But anyway not being on sky or bt sport is brilliant as it means proper KO time on proper football days.

Aren't the first few months' worth of live Championship games decided prior to the season start? Very few would have predicted us being up top before hand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here